New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,

Just joined this exquisite forum last night and wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Scott and I am excited to announce I recently purchased my first Jaguar this August, a 2003 XK8 coupe which I cherish and enjoy daily. I had long since wanted one of these beautiful machines since they were introduced, and I have been patiently waiting and watching as the prices came down into a range I could actually afford.

As the second owner I picked it up in what I deemed to be flawless (enough!) condition with just 58k miles on the clock, and all service records from the dealer where it was purchased in Monterey California. So far all I have done is replaced some 6 year old oem style Continentals with a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo max performance summer tires. I upgraded to a 275/40/18 in the rear while keeping the stock 245/45/18 in the front on the factory Centaur wheels. This was my first time trying the Hankook’s, and let me tell you these rubbers grip the curves on my favorite canyon road like you would not believe. They also made for a quieter and smoother ride to my surprise, and with the 4 wheel alignment the cars drives so much better now all around. Sporting yet refined, perhaps as some may say a proper Jaguar should be!

I wanted to extend a thank you to this forum and its members, as I have been scouring the site for quite some time learning everything I could about the nuances of these fine autos. The knowledge I gained, and feeling I could maintain the vehicle myself with the help of the forum was invaluable in helping me to “leap” on the topaz metallic coupe when I saw her.

Take a gander at some pics from when I first got her home (still with the stock tires’s) for your viewing pleasure, I hope you all enjoy the view as much as I do.

Attached Thumbnails Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-002.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-003.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-006.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-008.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-017.jpg  

Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-019.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-022.jpg   Greetings gentlemen and ladies of the Jaguars,-jaguar-xk8-025.jpg  

Last edited by JimC64; 10-23-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: PICS IN POST
Old 10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Nice specimen there Scott! Welcome to the forum.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Welcome to the forum Scott,

Good to have you with us.
She's looking good, I assume since you have been scouring, you will know the way around already.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Scott.

Some pics with your new tyres would also be good.

Nice looking car.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Excellent choice of model and much rarer in the US than the convertible.

Looks in excellent condition. Good to hear the forum helped in your search.

Enjoy the XK8 and the forum.

Graham

Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Default Thanks for the compliments all, glad you approve!

I drove many cars before finding this one, but soon as I saw her I knew it was the one.. I think the topaz/cashmere combination perfectly complements the burl walnut dash. Such an elegant and unique auto, beautiful to gaze upon and wonderful to drive.. I love it!

@ Richard: I’ll try to get some pics of the new tires as requested. Since I am new to forum activities (first timer), would you suggest a new posting or keep the same going? Just trying to learn the etiquette, thanks for any guidance.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:18 PM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Scott,

Adding them to your Intro here will be fine.

Graham

Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Scott, good to have you here with us here at JF

Thanks for an excellent intro, full of info about you, your car and buying experience as well as your kind comments on this site.

The car looks great, but as the pics are thumbnailed, I'll update them into the body of the post so all can see better.....

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

The following users liked this post:
Topaz (10-24-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG

Excellent choice of model and much rarer in the US than the convertible.

Graham
If I'm not mistaken I believe that color combo was fairly common in the 'vert but quite uncommon in the coupe. Nice find, Scott.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Very nice. I have the same colour combo in my XJ8, but what I'd really like is an XK8 Coupe like yours. Welcome!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, makes me happy knowing there are others admiring my beloved automobile.

Jim, a big thank you for expanding these pics for ease of viewing and also the full access. I’m going to read up on these features and tips you provided as well, to further enhance my experience here and hopefully others too.

Looking forward to sharing the joys of Jaguar ownership with you all J