New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings From A New Cleveland Jag Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Greetings From A New Cleveland Jag Owner

Hello Everyone,

I live in Cleveland, OH and just purchased a 2004 S Type (my first Jag). It had 42,000 miles on it and the paint looks showroom new. It had a clean Carfax report and I believe I got a great deal on the car. I was not initially considering the Jag for fear of maintenance issues. On the web, the comments seemed to be very polarized regarding the Jags reliability (either the car never breaks or its stays in the shop). Hopefully, my experience will be the former and not the latter.

I absolutely love the fit and finish! The car is so tight to be 6 years old! This is my first return to a luxury vehicle after a nasty divorce that left me driving a Ford Taurus after owning a BMW 7-Series, Corvettes, and Porsches (insert psychological case file at this point!). It is amazing that a 6 year old Jag is tighter than my Taurus was when it was new in 2005 (well, not really that amazing when I think about it). The first thing I am going to do to it is add the audio connectivity module. I am not sure if I should add it myself or let the dealer or other installer do it. My fear is breaking some type of clip and having a panel or trim piece that rattles for the rest of the car's life. My car does not have a CD changer, is there a way to tell if the activation is set so the ACM will work without having to go to the dealer? This may be the deciding factor on the installation - since I may have to go to the dealer anyway to get it turned on.

On another note, I am glad I searched the forum before asking a question. I have discovered the "lurch" issue with the transmission in the first 50 or so miles of driving the car. Somewhat annoying but tolerable.

I am looking forward to reading and learning about my Jag from all the members on this forum.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,928 Likes on 3,224 Posts

bertrandgray, welcome to the forums my fellow buckeye. My sister lives in Cleveland. You will find lots of good info here and lots of very friendly people. So, sit back, grab a cup of coffee and relax. You are also lucky in that the dealership that I order all my parts through is right there in your back yard. They are good people, so, if you need to go to the dealership, you should be in good hands (haven't used their service department, but if it is like their sales.....).

Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi and welcome aboard, great to have you here with us

Please jump in and check out one of the friendliest forums around. The regional section / off topic area are always good places to start.

I've upgraded you to full forum access in the meantime so you can better veiw all the sites features.....

Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, I wish your ride will serve you well