New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Happy Holidays from Tucson, AZ.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Holidays from Tucson, AZ.

Fairly new to the forum so I thought I'd sayhello! My wife and I own a '98 XJ8 (first Jag for us), silver finishwith black leather interior. We're finding out every day that there's nothing not to like about a Jag, except maintenance costs. But we love our Big Cat enough to keep investing as needed.

A problem recently came up regarding the drivers seat pre-programmed positions. When I insert the ignition key, the steering wheel goes to it's programmed position however the seat does not, so I have to manually adjust the seat using the side controls.. When the key is taken out of the ignition, both the steering wheel and seat retract as they're supposed to. Any thoughts orsuggestions? Thanks -

Ron

Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts
Default RE: Happy Holidays from Tucson, AZ.

Welcome to the forums !
I think memory module for your seat needs to be checked out .

Old 12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  7.4 KB

Welcome ballardrd............sounds like you got yourself a nice cat....post up some pics when you get a chance.

Re the problems Caddies a good help, you could also trey asking Jose or Ken @ britishparts

Good luck

Jim

Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Cadillac. Is the memory module the gadgit in the drivers armrest with the 3-button settings and window and mirrorcontrols? If so...that's been replaced with no effect.

This all started when my Big Cat was parked outsideof my mechanic's shop (with the windows down), and a sudden Sonoran desert monsoon hit the area. The cat was completely, thoroughly, absolutely and utterly soaked!!! Dash lights were shorting out (all replaced now and working fine). The drivers window was going up & down at will and the drivers seat has never been the same. My leather interior smelled like roasted freakin' Garfield for over two months because of the heat down here! This event was so traumatic on all of us, I think my wife actually stopped ovulating for several months! Welcome to Hell!!!

Anyway, my mechanic was able to get everything dried up, cleaned up, straightened up, repaired or replaced...except the drivers seat memory. He actually had another XJ8 in the shop while mine was there, so he swaped out the seats and nothing changed. However, my seat worked perfectly in the other XJ8. How 'bout it Cadillac...any ideas? Goasts? Bad Karma? Voodoo? At this point, we're open to just about any theory.

Ron

Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  6.4 KB

Hey ballardrd..........sounds like one of Biggies Jaguarisms you got there....lol

Try sending a pm to either Jag genius and or Jose asking for help as well
They're good guys and will help if they can.

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Besides that control buttons located onto the door panels there should be another module under your seats .Since there is no intermittent problem I think there is something that prevents circuit flow all the time .