New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hearty Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:04 PM
Default Hearty Hello!

Well I'm not an owner... yet! I'm taking ownership of a beautiful 1993 XJ6 Sovereign in January. It was traded in at the dealership I work at and the second I saw it I knew I wanted it. I've never considdered owning a Jag before but the body lines and presense of this car struck me just right. So far in my browsing of this forum, I've been happy to find next to nothing in posts reguarding problems with the 93/94 model XJ40's. Am I correct to assume that they are very solid if kept up?

This one of mine is once again, and 1993 Sovereign, I6 engine, 93,xxxkms, one lady owned, and taken very good care of. The body is in great shape, paint looks amazing (its Champaign) and the engine purrs so nicely. It has the popped fuse light on and the display says Fuse 2 so I'll be figuring out which fuse has given up life and replacing it. As soon as possible, I'll snap a few pictures of her and have them posted here for the gawkers.

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: Hearty Hello!

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  7.4 KB

Hi Sovereign...welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like you got a cracker
Look forward to the pics
There's quite a bit of knowledge here re the older Jags too if you need help

Cheers

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:34 PM

Much appreciated Jim! I'll be at work tomorrow so if the car isn't too dirty I'll try to get a few pictures. If not then the first week of January for sure.

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 7

No problem sovereign..........look forward to it.
Maybe look at putting them into the photo gallery section and adding a link?
Have you looked at the Mug shot thread in the off topic section? Check it out and see who's who, maybe add one of yer own/

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:50 PM

No I hadn't seen the Mug Shot thread yet but I'll be sure to take a look now. A photo gallery it'll be when I have some pictures to share.

This is a fairly small, tight knit community here isn't it? I wouldn't think as many people would own a Jag as say a Honda or Ford.

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 7

2751 users at the last count sovereign with more joining all the time mate. There are quite a few " regular " posters users / abusers....lol.......with some who pop in from time to time as well.
have you checked out the XJ section yet?
What is it you do at the dealership you work for and is it a jag dealership? Info please sovereign?

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: JimC64

2751 users at the last count sovereign with more joining all the time mate. There are quite a few " regular " posters users / abusers....lol.......with some who pop in from time to time as well.
What is it you do at the dealership you work for and is it a jag dealership? Info please sovereign?

Jim
I have checked out the XJ sections where I'm happy to have not found any 93-94 XJ owners posting problems with their cars!

As for me, I work at a Toyota Dealership as a technition. Maintenance, repair, diagnosis, etc. Toyota's are quite solid little Jap cars. We don't see much for pattern failures there. I aspire to work for a Jag, or similar high end euro manufacturers shop in the future.

I noticed there isn't a regional section here for people to find other owners in their general area's. I would think that's due to having everyone spread out all over the planet correct?

EDIT: My name's Derek btw since I neglected that earlier.

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: Sovereign_ty

Jim
I have checked out the XJ sections where I'm happy to have not found any 93-94 XJ owners posting problems with their cars!

As for me, I work at a Toyota Dealership as a technition. Maintenance, repair, diagnosis, etc. Toyota's are quite solid little Jap cars. We don't see much for pattern failures there. I aspire to work for a Jag, or similar high end euro manufacturers shop in the future.

I noticed there isn't a regional section here for people to find other owners in their general area's. I would think that's due to having everyone spread out all over the planet correct?

EDIT: My name's Derek btw since I neglected that earlier.

Hi Derek...........we tend to use mostly forum names but thanks for that.
Toyotas are solid cars...............I love the Lexus brand, a lotta car for the money. Always remember seeing one of the first LS 400's at the motor show in Glasgow, probably around 15 years or so ago. I think the only optional extra you could fit was a tow bar.....lol
Hope you get to work on Jags or similar in the future bro

No regional section although that would be a good idea.........I'll mention it and see what happens ....k?

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:31 PM

Sounds good but don't add a regional section just because of me. If there's a majority of members that would be for it then I would try for it otherwise it'll just be a waste of bandwidth. Maybe a Poll in the OT section?

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 6

Lol.........no offence sovereign, but it wouldn't be just for you, it would be for all to use. I think its a great idea as so many members have been talking about meets etc etc, sumthin that we take for granted over here in the Uk as we are not so widely spread.

I've asked the question anyhow so we'll see what reaction it gets. I'll try n remember to let you know whatever the outcome.

Cheers

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:42 PM

it wouldn't be just for you, it would be for all to use
No offence taken as I didn't mean to come off like it should be just for me. I haven't been here long enough to know what the demand for a section like that would be. So I wasn't sure if there were any others who would be keen on that idea. It's good to know that there actually is a large number of people interested in getting meets together. Maybe instead of a regional secion, there be a "meet planning" section where you can look for others in your area and plan things from there?

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 5

great stuff sovereign, nice idea and we'll see where it goes
Nice to see what I assume will be another regular poster if the last 30 mins has anything to go by.....lol
When you get a chance check out the Faq sections although I dont think that there are too many FAQ's on the XJ's but worth a look. The detailing section is quite good too.
Jose, Ken @ britishparts and Jag genius will be invaluable contacts for you as they are very knowledable on those cars I believe. If you're looking for parts at any time try Ken.............He usually gives good prices and service as he is a forum sponsor

Jim

Old 12-27-2007 | 07:56 PM

great stuff sovereign, nice idea and we'll see where it goes
Nice to see what I assume will be another regular poster if the last 30 mins has anything to go by.....lol
When you get a chance check out the Faq sections although I dont think that there are too many FAQ's on the XJ's but worth a look. The detailing section is quite good too.
Jose, Ken @ britishparts and Jag genius will be invaluable contacts for you as they are very knowledable on those cars I believe. If you're looking for parts at any time try Ken.............He usually gives good prices and service as he is a forum sponsor

Jim
Depending on how things go I'll probably be on here a fair bit. I've been a jap car person for the last 4 years so I'll be researching and looking for answers on a lot I'm sure.

The 3 you named above I've noticed in many threads are great sources of information. I'll be sure to keep to their good sides.