New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Helllllooooooo, lala.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Helllllooooooo, lala.

Hi everyone,
First time caller here. I'm the proud owner of a 2005 X-Type, 3.0, manual, black on black, here in our nation's capitol. I've been reading so many of these threads and tips since I purchased the car that I thought it only fair if I joined and dropped my two cents worth of experience with these automobiles.

My Jag is the first real car I ever purchased for myself. Funny enough, it started with an idea to buy a Vespa to scoot around the city...you know, trips to the grocery store, etc. I've lived in DC for six years and have never owned a car. I enjoyed the freedom (paradoxical as that sounds) of life without paying for gas, insurance, and breakdowns. But about six months ago found myself wanting a bit more mobility options in my life. So, I looked at something I thought would be cheap and relatively hands off...a Vespa. Well, it didn't take long for the $4,000-$6,000 price tag for one of those things before I was looking at something I've wanted for the longest time, a Jaguar. And thus the heavens parted and my baby came to me through a dealer in the Baltimore area who actually picked me up at a metro station (that's DC's subway system) and drove me 20 minutes to their lot. Fantastic experience and a great bargain.

I absolutely love the car. Well that's my Jag purchasing story. I wish you all well and happy motoring. (Bonus points to those who guess the sitcom referenced in the subject line. Know that and you'll know a lot about me.)

Cheers.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules.

Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. I'm a newbie to the forum also. Quite a jump from Vespa to Jag! Nice jump though. I lived in the DC area years ago and have spent lots of time there on business. Not sure I'd want to ride a Vespa on those streets. And I've commuted on a motorcycle for the past 20 years. Scary drivers there.

Enjoy your X-Type. I love my old XJ6. Great ride.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Sparky took the words out of my mouth, quite a jump indeed, but really 4-6k for a Vespa? I'd have thought you could get the factory for that.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site , good to have you here on one of the friendliest forums around
And the sitcom is???

Jump in and enjoy......In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Seinfeld. Classic episode where the girl Jerry's dating has a stomach issue that sounds like a voice (which he imitates). His imitation naturally irritates the girl and she forces him to either choose between dating her and doing the voice. Classic.

And yes, Norri I could hardly believe the cost of a Vespa. The kicker is that if you wanted one that was safe to take on the highway/freeway you'd pay $2-$3K more.