New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

Hello all.
I'm a new member but have been enjoying reading your forum for some time, using it first to educate myself on xj8s before buying one and then reassuring myself that I bought a good one when I finally did.
~Missed the threads about tensioners though.

Still my car seems excellent. I bought it 'cheap' coz of the recession, and because the previous owner lost the full service history in a fire. Even as I was buying it I thought to myself 'listen to your head... you moron' but my heart seems to have precedence and after a few teething problems I realise how lucky I was. Original engine has no problems at all as far as I can tell. One of the small connectors on top of the engine is spitting out coolant but it's conveniently placed for me to sort when I can find the right bit. Previous owner was clearly not mechanically minded though as there was no coolant in it when I bought it. which gave me a fright 100 miles later (obviously I'm not as mechanically minded as I thought else I'd have checked it before driving it.) But what a car. And mpg far better than I expected.
Handling and everything better than my previous x300. Dash surprisingly old school though - I'm sure my x300 seemed more 'modern'.
It is certainly more chuckable than my x300 - not that I drive like a maniac but with 4litres of v8 under the bonnet its hard not to make use of the bendy bits on Dorset's roads occassionally.

Martin

Old 01-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Default meant to say...

Meant to add that I am in Dorset, England. Will post a pic (of the car) as soon as I figure out where /how.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Hello, happy driving
You can check out JAGUAR FORUMS HELP AND SUGGESTION CENTER , see the FAQs as to how to upload pics .
Bear in mind,you're totally a new member that's why you will be able to become a full member after probation period is over (you can see this in your pm box )

Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Martin,

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard one of the friendliest sites around Martin, good to have you with us
Kinda gathered you were a brit with the "chuckable" comment.....lol
Please check out the relevant section for your car, maybe the regional section too to see who's who in your area?
The Off topic section is a MUST to catch up with off the wall stuff, jokes etc......maybe post a pic into the Mug shot thread too?

I've manually upgraded you too full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Default thanks for the welcome.

thanks for the welcome gents.
Jim, I've been in the UK for half my life now and so have picked up some of the lingo, haha, eg. 'chuckable', altho used to ride a Ninja and that was a word used for those bikes. Trust me though, I'd rather be in a jag any day. Even in traffic.
Thanks for the full forum access too, (You mean to say there is MORE?).

martin

Attached Thumbnails hello-jdsc02285.jpg   hello-jdsc02284.jpg  
Old 01-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Martin, hope you get that coolant line fixed soon. They kind of work better without holes. LOL

Old 11-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Martin, I'm also from Dorset. Lovely friendly International Forum.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Wessex
Hi Martin, I'm also from Dorset. Lovely friendly International Forum.
This Intro thread is coming up for five years old but I can see martinzed was last logged into the forum in July 2015 so you could get a reply.

Graham

Old 11-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Received 10,520 Likes on 6,949 Posts

Welcome.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
This Intro thread is coming up for five years old but I can see martinzed was last logged into the forum in July 2015 so you could get a reply.

Graham
Thanks Graham. I hadn't noticed the date. Came up in similar posts.