New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

unfortunatly i've had to create an account here,not because i don't like Jags i always have,and have owned 3 various UK cars including an Austin America for over 20 years,just sold (and missed since) last summer,couple times i came close buying XJ6's but never quite got there.

anyway i'm here because i'm a 30 year autobody`person' having worked every corner and desk in autobody shops i've `ended up'? being a classic car restoration guy rather than the downtown high blood pressure BS one must endure being a small business owner.i work at a shop at my house and base my business upon trust and have a backlog of work waiting on me.

a `new' car is a `79 camaro or in this case a flyfishing compadre's sons(first) car the `84 XJ listed as mine,i treat everybody's car AS MINE,i can do that working for neighbors relatives and friends,so i'm here looking for help on some issues with this car but am more than willing to contribute any autobody expertise i can,who knows? this car is already growing on me(black is a nice color on these,almost bought one

ok>==)>

Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there Capn....welcome aboard matey

Good to have you with us and I hope you enjoy the site

I've upgradeed you too full forum access so you can better view the features on offer

Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Default hello

in my haste this week i just noticed you are in Scotland=mercy!,i am a member on`the spey pages.com' although this is my first `chatroom' i've used`captain bondo' as a handle=a wrecking yard manager used to call me that and since i'm trying to enjoy myself at my work i'll often answer the phone`captain bondo!',the funny part is when i call a vehicle related business(and they don't know who it is) when i say`it's Captain Bondo' then they instantly recognize my voice.

we've certainly taken a liking to your `salmon rods' on the west coast US,12 years ago there was one(only) in my valley here,now it seems every bend during the fall has an angler waving a long rod,in fact i intended to be a `spey' guide on the Rogue here but was ahead of my time(i feel),,that is in fact how i `ended up' working at a shop at my home so that i could chase our `steelhead' with flies,i've owned many Bruce-Walkers and quite a few Daiwas before finally becoming pals with some oregon rodbuilders,although i miss a couple UK rods as here it's 11-14ft'rs i prefer 15-18's...(enough rambling,obviously i love to talk,especially cars fishing and (bass)guitars so i'll spare everyone)

thank you for the vote of confidence sir,i appreciate that,,,dennis

Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 AM
Received 6,357 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dennis,

You sound like the kind of guy I'd like to to have repairing my car.

I'll need to check out the Spey pages site, I was fishing in upstate SC a couple of weeks ago, a far cry from flyfishing back home.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Default where is `PHX'?

i know PDX means Portland Oregon,,or do i?,very long day today,,but with this economy(is there one?),i'm working 10-12 hour days,i have work no doubt about that but i'm working at 80's pay scale(figuring since i'm not keeping a crew and the shop overhead i can do that) but wow!,material prices(when you crunch them out at the first of the month) are not good.

for those out there contemplating shaving costs on painting your vehicle let me tell you a story=paint companys are no dif than the rest of the world,they need to keep the doors open(but boy!),there's nearly nothing in each can,30 years ago they had to rely on repeat customers,now i guess they`rely'? on having a door to walk thru and actually buy some`car paint',it will NOT be any cheaper 2 years from now!,or any thicker(that's for sure)

but yeah,,`spey' is the *******ised version of salmon rod THIS side of the pond,,you are more than welcome to come visit the Rogue(river rogue) here,fished her for over 50 years,only place i'm safe beside having a bass guitar strapped on me,steelhead 365 days a year(problem this year being extremly high flows ALL YEAR)sigh,the winter `run' is nearly done then we switch to `spring chinook' till June(ish),the jacks hit flies well,,ahem!

yes indeed more Newcastle's!!!(ok i apologize for the major ramble,like i said=fishing, cars and guitars i could talk day and night about,that's who i am),anybody want to fish the river here come on,i know the way

Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Default ok

not to sound too proud here but you can do a search`rogue river oregon',,like any place population has encroached however she still is a magic place if you fish the fly,had some memorable experiences on her for sure

yes i can fish anything(you name it) spinners spoons worms etc. but of course a fly you tied yourself makes it a special occaision,especially when you hooked,fought and released a wild summer run steelhead that's been up and down the river 3-4 times(summer fish are smaller but when you catch a 30 incher plus,you DID SOmthing grand),,,by letting it swim on upriver,,plenty of fish for the BBQ around tho'

(gee,i need to get out there)ok,,i'm going to bed all this fishing is wearing me out

Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Captain Bondo:
My sister floated the river south of Lake Norfolk in Arkansas 2 weeks ago with a 400 lb. guide named Tiny. She caught so many fish (in the rain) she got bored. We camp around streams in North Georgia with trout going up to 12 lbs. It gets in your blood.

The Bassmaster Elite tournament is in town this week, and I have three fishermen staying in my lake house. They're very laid back, easy going guys making a living doing exactly what they like to do. One of them took home $500K 4 weeks ago in the BM Classic--the superbowl of fishing.