New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012 | 05:27 PM
|
Default Hello

Hey all I don't have a jaguar yet though as soon as i can save a lil bit of money up I do plan to get one. Been loving the designs for awhile. Anyways I am a gear head and also an avid photographer so I plan on making use of the photography forum for sure. I also am very big into car audio and electronics. As I have been looking I cannot find any information but is the Jaguar x-type awd differential made by haldex or is it some other company? I cannot find any information on it what so ever. I may be looking more into that as time goes on as I want an x-type that can stomp on subies and evos alike. I plan on documenting everything once I do get the vehicle and parts in hand. but for now i will just share alot of my photos haha. anyways thats it for now I look forward to seeing some great stuff that I have already seen from this site.

P.S. Sorry if my grammer isn't completely on point sometimes but at least its not acronyms all the time =o)

Old 06-15-2012 | 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome Cali. guy to our forum. Hop on down to the X-Type section and ask there. You'll get your answer from them.

Old 06-15-2012 | 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dubbin_irie

P.S. Sorry if my grammer isn't completely on point sometimes but at least its not acronyms all the time =o)
And a big thanks for that- I get lost sometimes. Welcome to the site!

Old 06-16-2012 | 02:40 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see you.

I don't think that an X Type will ever stomp on an Evo or Scubi even if you seriously tuned it, the transfer case would let go.

Check out the X Type section for more info.

Old 06-16-2012 | 05:34 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Richard just took the words out of my mouth.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 06-16-2012 | 12:10 PM
|

No car yet but gathering info. And im sure I'll have it cut out for me but reverse engineering is my middle name lol. Thanks for the welcome guys

Old 06-17-2012 | 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there dubbin & welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

Nice intro too thanks for sharing.......
As stated the X won't stomp over subarus and the like and the TC is the weal point...........still a fantastic car to own and drive though..........good luck
There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Jump on in and enjoy the site.................