New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello to all

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to all

This is my second Jaguar. Our first was a 1966 E-Type Roadster whose engine my wife and I completely rebuilt ourselves! Jaguar earned a lot of respect from us... any other engine would not have continued to run! But that was 32 years ago. We had to sell it because we were expecting our first child.
In November 2009 we purchased a 2001 S-Type. A good car, but it too has a lot of problems that need attention... and there is no Jaguar Dealer or mechanic in our relatively small city. I am not a mechanic (a lawyer actually) but I enjoy working on my own cars if possible.

I'm looking for a repair manual; Chilton, Haynes. I had a Haynes when I redid the XKE and it was great. I can't seem to find a manual for the S-Type. Anyone help?

I will post a new thread on the S-Type forum outlining the problems I am having.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Only way to get your hands on any type of manual is the CD titled Jaguar Technical Information System. You can buy a copy on ebay for peanuts, or you can go to our download thread where you can get it for free...can't beat that. Just have to download, run the install, and it will ask you to burn a CD...nobody's been able to figure out how to get it to install and run from a hard drive...entirely.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, you seem a handy guy considering you rebiult an engine . In S Type Forums , you can interact with the members as well as tech staff

Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, hope you get it fixed soon.