New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello to all

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to all

As told must say who I am and what I have so here goes.

Talked about it for long enough and the old car was a bit long in the tooth so got myself a Jaguar S type diesel sport from 2005 with 50,000 on the clock.
Nice looking car in dark blue with black leather interior, sat nav.

Looked at, had a drive on the Wednesday before Xmas made offer on Thursday night for pick up on Xmas eve, all looking good. Picked up Xmas eve after car had check over, all going lovely and 3 hours into drive home "Restricted Performance" up on screen plus park brake fault and gearbox fault so a quick pull over. Quick call back to dealer and out with the RAC.

Ok modern cars and the RAC or AA if it simple i.e a fuse or out of fuel or flat spare your on your way if not your on the back of a truck going in one direction. Problem found in fuse box number 2 fuse 15 just one problem dealer had ordered new hand book but not yet in with me and the Jag. RAC not knowing what this fuse did either but every time new one in instant blow. So back to dealer pick old car up and head home for Xmas.

Fault area found being the "J" gate gear selector, blown circuit board, a little 20p item which smells like over heating brakes. So I get car back 20 days later after a visit to Jaguar and with only 4 days to enjoy it and check it before returning to work. Hopefully that's all the bad trouble done with or do I have more to come, touch wood that's it. As with me working away a warranty is worthless.

Anyway lovely car that looks like a Jag. Had to follow my fathers foot steps as he had a MK2 and an early S type. As for me into vintage and classic bikes and now a Jag owner.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Nice intro, hopefully you've solved the problem and she'll behave now.
I figured from your name that big singles had been in your life! :-)

Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Jaguarforums.com Cammy.....not the best of starts but hopefully it'll be better for you moving forward

The guys over in the S type section will help you out more than you can imagine, some excellent info there for you my friend

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

Any issues just post and the guys here will help you out no problems....

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Jump on in and enjoy

Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big single are still in my life but in Fathers work shop, two pre-war Norton SOHC racers and a post war Norton SOCH racer plus I have the use of a forgotten era TZ 350 Yamaha from 1979 to play with.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

I'd love to see some pics if you have them.