New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello to all Jag fans...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Hello to all Jag fans...

...I just became one myself! I`m 47, live in Portugal, and if someone told me two weeks ago that I would be buying a Jaguar shortly I would have called the men in white coats for the clueless soul! And yet here I am, about to take posession of a 2005 S-Type, and even if it`s the diesel 2.7, I`m still very happy with the idea. My wife did not like any of the cars I was looking into, and suggested I looked at the S-Type. I found one not too far away, and she even made the trip a family-out event - She would not move a muscle for any of the others...Short story is, the seller let me drive her for a good spell...and I was hooked! I must be getting old...coming from a 20-year diet of sport(ish) cars, all the luxury and confort just won me over! And here I am, researching...and looking forward to S-Type ownership. With my luck, I don`t expect it will be trouble-free...But I`m fairly confident that I can sort most of the possible problem, should they occur. Even if it means spending some more hours searching here, and maybe even asking for your help if it should come to that. I will help with what I can. I`m new for Jaguar, but I`m fairly competent as a mechanic (worked as such when I was young), and always eager to know new stuff about cars, so I`ve kept myself informed.

Sorry for the long post...I got carried away. Dam, that`s twice in a week!

Anyway, this was just to say...Hello!

Daniel Frois

Old 07-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your ride . Make sure you don't wanna mess up things when your S Type needs repairement , you know those are complex cars lol