New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Brea, CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hello from Brea, CA

Hello guys and (hopefully) gals!

My name is Joe. I live in Orange County, CA.

I own a 2005 Jaguar S-Type 4.2. I don't know what the standard options were for this model but mine has DVD Navigation, Premium Sound, CD changer in the trunk, Rain Sensing Windshield, Dual Climate Control and plenty of other nice features. I don't know how to tell if it's a sport package or not. I'm assuming it would have some sort of sport badging but it does not.

My previous career background was in car sales and management. In my 15 in the business, I primarily worked for franchised dealers selling and servicing BMW, AUDI, Porsche and Volkswagen. The Germans make excellent automobiles. I was always of the belief that there are German cars and then there is everything else. Although I'd never owned or really gotten behind the wheel of a Jaguar, I had a poor opinion of this make. The key word being "had".

In a word, this car is "luxurious". I bought it as a temporary driver with the intention of selling it for a profit after a few months. That idea lasted for about a week as I quickly began to notice what a great car it truly is. The compliments from the ladies didn't hurt either. I especially love the acceleration and smoothness of the drive train. I intend on keeping this car for as long as it holds up.

Well, that's my intro. I hope this passes the etiquette test

Joe

P.S. While I no longer work in the automobile business, I'm always willing and able to answer any questions or provide some guidance with the process of buying a car from a dealer. I know all the tricks of the trade and as a newbie, I will gladly help the community in any way I can.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
GGG
Received 16,858 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Joe,

Great Intro - pleased to see you've finally found out about proper cars!

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section for help, advice and information.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Western Region section by following this link Western US - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
f3lix (02-19-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 03:44 PM

Thank you!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Received 4,289 Likes on 3,707 Posts

Joe - welcome to this great forum and the sheer joys of jag ownership!

f3lix (02-19-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanks!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Received 6,319 Likes on 5,506 Posts

Welcome to the forum Joe,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

f3lix (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

It doesn't take much to pass an etiquette test here. The jags may be classy, but the owners...

I am on my third VW and I will support your... No, make that 4th VW... Anyway they're great cars. So versatile. But they just don't pamper you like the jag does, do they?

Last edited by Muddydog; 02-17-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added smilie face so people would know I was kidding!
f3lix (02-19-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi & welcome aboard Jaguarforums Joe.......
good to have you here with us

Thanks for a really nice intro buddy.........and congrats on Jag ownership

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

f3lix (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM

@Muddydog, Jag owners not so much, huh... then I should fit right in.

Yes, the Germans just know how to make a car. Thanks to the perks of working in the car business, I've owned 4 VW's and 2 Audi's and a BMW.

My Jag is plush but she's also poweful. She does pamper me and she gets a lot of attention.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 AM

@JimC64, glad to be here. In a few days, I've already finished a few simple projects and made a decision on tires.

Thanks for taking off the training wheels. I'm anxious to do dig deeper. This may just be my new obsession for a while.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,578 Likes on 1,419 Posts

f3lix,
Welcome. There are a lot of us here in SoCal that enjoy cars of every nationality. And several of us in the last few days are trying to organize some Southern California meetings and/or drives. We'll keep you posted. You'll find this forum an invaluable tool and reference for anything regarding your car.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard Joe. I too am a new Jag owner and have found a wealth of great info here. The peeps around the site have been very informative & helpful as well.