New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from crappy weather Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012 | 11:08 PM
|
Default Hello from crappy weather Chicago

Greetings everyone,

New member from Chicago here. I've never owned a Jag but may possibly be picking up an older Jag for a light restoration in 3 days. I've always found that forum communities hold a wealth of knowledge hence my reason for being here. Looking to learn, participate, and hopefully meet some great folks that are passionate about cars and particularly Jags.

Cars - Up until recently (1 week) ago, I've primarily been interested in classic muscle cars. I currently have a '67 GTO (frame off restored), a 68 Cougar XR7 GTE (going through frame off), and a 70 Charger r/t (unrestored).

I'm also into vintage motorcycles, cigars, and guns.

Professionally, I own a small web design/development company in Chicago. Been at it for way too long! =)

Thanks for reading and looking forward to learning a whole ton about Jags in general.

Old 10-19-2012 | 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to forum YKJag,

You will find many friendly and knowledgable people here. If you end up needing help, just ask. We have quite a few Jag techs here too. You will probably also find people interested in motorcycles, guns and cigars. Come to think of it, I qualify for most of those. Just don't know much about cigars. ha

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your restoration.

PS..........appears I'm just the wrong age. I used to lust after muscle cars that I couldn't afford when I was young..........and now I'm old, I still can't afford them.

Good luck

Old 10-19-2012 | 11:48 PM
|

Originally Posted by Friarshuck
PS..........appears I'm just the wrong age. I used to lust after muscle cars that I couldn't afford when I was young..........and now I'm old, I still can't afford them.
I hear ya on that one. I remember in 2006 thinking I'll never be able to afford one. Then the economy - well, you know; and suddenly prices plummet and some nice cars out there at half what they used to sell for. If I hit the Lotto, I'll send you one just for good karma. ;-)

Old 10-20-2012 | 02:36 AM
GGG

Welcome to forum YKJag,

Great Intro. Plenty to keep you occupied. Sounds like 'light restoration' to you means some extensive work.

You don't mention the model you're considering so I can't give you a link to the right section.

You can also visit the Mid West US Region section by following this link Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 10-20-2012 | 04:35 AM
|

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to forum YKJag,

You don't mention the model you're considering so I can't give you a link to the right section.

Graham
Hiya Graham,
Thanks for the warm welcome. The car I'm considering is a 1987 XJS HE Convertible.

Old 10-20-2012 | 05:55 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by ykjag
Hiya Graham,
Thanks for the warm welcome. The car I'm considering is a 1987 XJS HE Convertible.

Then this is the section you want:

XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Very knowledgeable members there. Some have had their vehicles down to the last nut and bolt - a few even got them put back together again.

Joking aside, there's some great resto threads there which will give you a head start on what to look for in these superb but still under rated vehicles.

Graham

Old 10-20-2012 | 06:51 AM

Welcome to the forum ykjag,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-21-2012 | 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard the site Ykjag, good to have you here with us here at JF

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 10-21-2012 | 09:41 PM

Hello from a fellow techie geek. I have been in IT for 30 years. I am now in management so have been put out to pasture. But I can still hold my own with the young bucks. Have fun with the project. I bought my Jag ready to go. '97 with only 39K miles. Perfect condition. It's an amazing car. Thanks for joining.