New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Dubai

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Dubai

Morning guys,
Thought I would join as I have just aquired a 96 XJR Arden that is in need of some love and attention. Judging by the place I bought it from I am going to need some serious help to get her back to normal!
Its not the first Jag I have owned, I had a 92 3.2 XJ that decided to eat its own piston rings, so went to the scrapyard in the sky.

The one I have just bought is a fresh japanese import so comes with no paperwork, but looking at the condition of her she has not been looked after. Once she has been delivered and had all the sand washed off I will throw a few pictures up.
Looking forward to picking your brains on all the problems I am likely to encounter. I allready know of a few. From what I have seen so far there is a misfire, one of the O2 sensors has had its cables ripped out, the sunroof is knacked and the steering wheel adjust does not work and that was all just from a 20 minute inspection. Not looking forward to getting her home where I can take a proper look over her!
The dealer gave me a guarantee that it would pass the registration inspection, but as that consists of checking if it has 4 wheels, it doesnt give me any more confidence!
No doubt you will see me lurking around asking plenty of questions.

Thanks

Mat

Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mat,

Good to have you with us.
Good luck with the car, it sounds like you may need it!
You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there welcome to JF good to have you here with us ....

You'll get loads of great help from the guys there....
There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or even just to have a few laughs!

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
so jump on in and enjoy