New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello everybody, I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Hello everybody, I'm new

Hi, this is my second jag(1st was a 96 xj6) its a 1998 xj8(non-L)Silver paint/ black leather, what i wanted. The motor wasnt running when i bought it 98xxx miles, turned out just to be a water pump and a pin from when the water pump died hit the thermostat. So whenever ever the motor dies, I will be posting up the new motor, that is still coming together atm, it will be a LQ4 V8 6.0L with a 88mm turbo (est target is 630hp/630tq, only trying for 10-12psi, keep it streetable/reliable), so i run the car a little hard hoping for an excuse for the new engine (108k still strong running). I joined the form, because its hard to find certain parts and most of the people I hang around dont have jags, so basically im here to absorb any knowledge on the x308. Overall the cars real clean adult owned/garaged interior is close to perfect exterior good for 100k+ miles, ill put pictures up when i figure out how to get them off my blackberry. Its one of my favorite cars I've had, and will surely get to the top of my list when I get everything done to it, that I have planed for it.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello! I am new as well. Just saying hello.

The following users liked this post:
FoolicooliXJ8 (05-13-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see you.

Sounds interesting. Is the new engine actually happening or just a possible?

FoolicooliXJ8 (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 AM

Well the LQ4 block I stole for 300$ and the turbo I spent 1655$ so yeah, it's going to happen too much invested the jaguar specialties kit for ls1 etc should be able to fit the LQ4 I still need to contact them about that, though I work 11 hours a day so it's going to be a slow project, still need to get a tranny etc. Plus as long as the 4.0l runs smoothly no reason to dump it just yet. Currently searching for halo/angel eye headlamps that are 5.25in/133.35mm tall lenses (OEM or I measured wrong lol) figured I could groove in the top a ill and keep the chrome trim. Still a dream till I can find the right size. I'll get some photos up soon, I'm also currently working on my other car as well, it's been eating up my free time lately as well.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 6,362 Likes on 5,535 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Sounds interesting, keep us posted.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome! Sounds extremely interesting. Keep us all updated on your progress.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM

About a month or so I'll have enough parts to start the motor, I'll get pictures of all the parts on the floor then assembled, still waiting on my heads to get back from the shop, to help give y'all a visual, the turbo is going to sit where the factory air cleaner currently is and still working on where and what size intercooler, may just buy a cheap 500$ car (mad I just sold my 500$car, but I got 1000$) so I can take my time on the jag and not have to worry bout reassembly every time I got to go to work. I'm very excited so expect pictures soon if I have my way I'll finish this summer... As for the tranny I'm wanting to upgrade to one of the newer gm 6 spd autos, still researching, which tranny will best fit my goals. Any advice/ideas/input of any kind is welcome, I'm very open minded. I'll also put up pictures of my firebird when it's finished, if anyones interested, dropped the engine/tranny out gotta rebuild the T56 and after I get every thing in it again it's getting painted again should be finished in a month, im painting it myself so if it takes longer its cause of me lol

Old 05-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Interesting indeed. Post away in the XJ8 section for the mod's you are doing.

Yes please pictures of both.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us
A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features Jump on in and enjoy

FoolicooliXJ8 (05-14-2012)