New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009 | 12:28 AM
|
Default Hello Everyone!

I just purchased my first Jag...a beautiful '99 XJ8. I got it out of a junk yard for a song and dance but this is THE most beautiful car! Perfect body, inside still has that "new car smell" and it looks like the back seat has never even been sat in! Now to why it was in the junk yard in the first place. It seems the previous owner had a slight coolant leak from the coolant return line and must have run it hot and blown a head gasket. Not sure how extensive it is yet but indications so far are that it's just the gasket and not the heads or block. I came here looking/hoping to be pointed in the right direction for repair manuals. I have worked on cars my whole life but have always had quick access to a repair manual. I can't believe how hard it is to lay my hands on the proper directions to tackle this problem. My hope is that this forum will provide me with a better insight into this fabulous automobile. I am still fascinated by every aspect of it so far.

Old 03-21-2009 | 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome, I'm sure our tech gurus to shed some light on your questions

Old 03-21-2009 | 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car22.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  16.5 KB

Hi tj welcome to the forum....try posting up in the XJ section or maybe the general tech help....I'm sure the techs wil be only too glad too help. Their knowledge is invaluable and if they can help I'm sure they will