New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone, my name is Frank from Los Angeles CA. Ive always been a Jaguar lover and Im an avid car buyer at police auctions I just purchased a 1995 Jaguar XJ6 at a Police auction for 600.00 dollars. It had no key, it didnt start and was pretty dirty which probably kept the other buyers away from bidding on it.

Towed the car to a mechanic friends shop, he is not Jaguar mechanic anyways had key made a Rusnak Pasadena, and went back to shop put battery charger on battery and it started right up, it said on the computer read out the ignition coil on number 4 was bad and camshaft sensor error.

But car started right up. So I bought brand new set of coils all six had them shipped over night and my mechanic installed them with new spark plugs.

changed the oil, added some lucas oil stabilizer

when i would shut off car the car would not start again because battery was drained and probably dead from sitting.

so bought new battery, installed battery

and car would not start, called dealer and he told me to reset ecm by taking off negative cable for 5 mins. which i did

then i put it back and car started right up. finally drove car around the block and it drove beautifully, wow it felt amazing.

then i drove it back to mechanics, next to his shop is car wash so i drove it in there, when i turned off car it would not start again

seemed like same issue with alarm, used key in door and finally reset battery negative cable again.

but car wont start sounds like when im in car a flasher or relay is going off.

so here I am a new Jaguar owner and lover but i need help.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Frank,

A very determined approach to becoming a Jaguar owner!

The vehicle history suggests the ignition switch could have had some interference?

Follow this link XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X300 section for help, advice and information.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Western Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Frank.
I see you've already posted your problem in the Section Graham advised so, hopefully, you'll get some answers soon.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum Frank,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hello Changed Battery and Now my XJ6 wont start

did reset, did hard reset, checked P indictaor was red it is, but car wont crank after installing new battery

somebody please help, Im new to this

Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by frank
did reset, did hard reset, checked P indictaor was red it is, but car wont crank after installing new battery

somebody please help, Im new to this
Frank,

Do you have a light flashing here (circled in red) or are you hearing a clicking sound?

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Hello Everyone-frank.jpg  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,740 Likes on 8,341 Posts

Welcome to another SoCal Jag owner. Sorry to learn of your initial plight, but with the great help in this fourm your cat should be purring in no time.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Frank & welcome aboard, Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

You're already getting good advice I see.....please stick with it and the top guys here will helpo you out and you can get her back up n running I'm sure

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................