New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Finland

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 09:00 PM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Hello from Finland

Hi all

Joined this forum after lurking behind for a while. Bought my XJ-S coupe quite recently on late autumn, it was love in first sight. Kitten is -89 V12 coupe, BRG with light leather interior. 71tml/115tkm on clock, paint-interior-powertrain still original and been with one owner from new until 2017. This came for summer use only, destroying this kind of car on our heavily salted winter roads is criminal action. Last weeks are going before kitten goes to hibernate over the winter.

My other cars are RRC 3,9efi -90, RR P38A 4,6 with CNG conversion (daily driver), another summer car is Rover P6 -73 equipped with 3,5 V8 hotwire efi and 5-speed manual box, actually very funny car to drive...
Had -01 S-type 3.0Sport when i was working on Scotland, sad but true, this car stayed on island. Handed it over to my very good friend.

Being overall technically minded person, i am doing all the work for the cars by my self. (and house too) Like most of the petrolheads knows, lady on the house is having sometimes difficulties to understand why one man needs so many cars... and if asked from me, i don't have so many.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums FinCat,

Good to have you with us.

It sounds like you've already found the relevant model forum but if not, follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/ to the XJS forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also use the Europe Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/europe-42/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Received 10,481 Likes on 6,921 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,217 Likes on 5,391 Posts

Hello,
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 10-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,849 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums FinCat,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 10-27-2019, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 806 Posts

Welcome

Old 10-27-2019, 07:58 PM
Received 4,281 Likes on 3,701 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Old 10-27-2019, 09:55 PM

Thank you all, sure i will enjoy and hopefully i can help other kitten owners too. My car enthuasism is strongly connected to fixing and maintaining these machines, it is a part of the enjoyment.
Oncoming winter is going to be low profile for kitten as it is going to my good friend carage "far" away from my home village, if kitten fits in... if not, Rover goes there and kitten stays at home. Plan A is to keep Rover at home because there is jobs to do, you know, car works perfectly but small items needs to be refreshed because it is summer car and meant to be enjoyed when driving and when parked on public. (windscreen seal, back window seal, LH doors window seal strips, rear brakes which are actually mounted to diff like in Jag, throttle linkage needs to be modified to cable...)

Kitten is not having any urgent issues, already fixed roof light assy and central locking. Mirror sw for RH mirror needs repair, not working and already noted it is repaired earlier but the ring around connecting "studs" is very bad/partly missing. Original Jaguar stereo is now replaced temporarily by another ugly modern day unit but i really like to get this original working. Also electric aerial fixed, and rubber grommet for it replaced. Changed new 5w bulbs to instrument cluster because my eyes "best before" day is long gone and reading instrument during dark hours drivings was nightmare. Technically everything is fine, and car has received periodic maintenance thru its whole life. Only things is radiator fan which needs to be replaced before next summer season, it is having two cracks and i am not going to wait it to explode when i am doing highway trips. Not pushing this car to its limits but not driving like granny either.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (10-28-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 03:34 AM
GGG

Your first post was automatically locked for moderation and so is your latest. I read your first post, couldn't see a problem with the content and therefore unlocked it. I can't see a problem with the content of your latest post and have now unlocked this too.

The only unusual thing is referring to your XJS as a "kitten". Some people refer to Jaguars as "cats" but "kitten" is unusual. This could be triggering the automatic locking. We'll see with your next post.

Graham

Old 10-28-2019, 09:36 AM

Ok, i change this on my next posts. Hope it didn't hurt anyones feelings, not meaning anything dirty or nasty... just refers to small/young cat.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:18 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by FinCat
Ok, i change this on my next posts. Hope it didn't hurt anyones feelings, not meaning anything dirty or nasty... just refers to small/young cat.
YES - I know exactly what you meant and there's nothing wrong with the word or the way you used it. Automatic locking is triggered by algorithms (not by humans) so the program must have made some unintended interpretation of your post.

Your latest post wasn't locked.

Graham

Old 10-28-2019, 01:05 PM

Just like to share pics about my (ex) Scottish S-type. Bought it for £750, 60tml on clock and overall condition was very good, brand new tyres allround, new rear subframe done recently in addition with bushes and new brake lines to back. Hefty carage bill within all documents which came with car. Not bad. Drive it without any real problems from may to september 2017, then M.O.T. which reveals rusted sills.
Just on last minute driving from Glasgow to Ayr before M.O.T. expires, after staying few days on airport park during my hometrip to Finland, i got misfire when pushed car to 70mph speed... managed to drive it back to Ayr with easy throttle and on next morning to my working place. Let car standing there for waiting sills repair, this parking was lasted all the way january 2018 before i drop the car to local carage which change rusted sill outer panels for reasonable price. They replaced lower ball joints to front, and RH wheel bearing. This cost £600 incl parts, not bad from my point of view. +new sill panels bought earlier from Ebay.
About same time i changed all plugs and ign coils due that misfire, sorted. Later on i changed radiator which was corroded and bent. Not leaking yet, but i was doing lots of road trips to various car exhibitions/rallies and can't tolerate if car let me down on the road.
As i mentioned earlier, i was forced to let car behind when my staying in UK ended in late summer 2018 due to various private reasons. Drove car all the way down to London area where it stays today, my good friend is working there and he was happy to use car and just recently we moved Jag officially for him.

Glory days, north of Loch Lomond area Scotland

What a great touring car, with reasonable fuel consumption being a petrol car. Did lots of road trips around Scotland, last trip was non stop drive from Ayr to Lasham (near London). It was hard decision to "abandon" this well behaving Jag, but driving it to Finland wasn't option. Not financially or in any other ways either, not special model and RHD which is not very handy in our country.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forums.