New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello Jaguar Forums members

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello Jaguar Forums members

New member and first time Jaguar owner here, and after having an etiquette faux pas pointed out to me (posting before saying hello) I have made my way over and would like to introduce myself. My name is Sean and I am fast approaching middle age (or in the middle of it) and so decided I deserved a treat for getting myself here in decent health, raising an awesome kid, having a worthwhile job that I am good at and always trying to learn from whatever life throws at me.

To that end I decided a convertible sports car was what I needed. After sitting in a couple of Miatas it became apparent they are just too small for me. I looked at some BMW Z3s and while a bit bigger, my wife pointed out that there was no room for three in there. True enough, so I expanded my search parameters somewhat and was surprised when a very nice looking XK8 popped up in my search box. I went to have a look at the car and it checked all the boxes (even the one about it able to seat 3...sort of) so I hit the bank and the next day was driving down the highway as a proud owner of what has to be one of the most beautiful vehicles ever produced (the E Type is the hands down prettiest car ever, but the XK8 shows her lineage well).

There are some small things that need to be fixed (a ding on the driver side door, the seats need love and repair and there is far to much sap on the roof) but overall I am pleased with my purchase....except when I was driving off of a ferry on my third day of ownership and all of a sudden the car essentially shuts down, goes into failsafe mode and barely limos off of the highway into a mall parking lot. WTF! I just bought this thing, failsafe mode, what is that.....grrrrrrrrr. Well a few moments using the mall’s wifi and I am here. Seems the car goes a little insane if too much electricity is drawn with an older battery, and if upon restarting these warnings don’t come on again it is probably just in need of a new battery. Well that was exactly what happened and so a week later I have not had a second occurrence.

So so that’s me and the extent of my Jaguar experience. Hopefully some of the knowledge I have gained from working on my VWs as well as a Mazda MpV will allow me to occasionally contribute, and if not then I am sure I will enjoy lurking just as much.

Sean. aka Coastguarder

Old 08-29-2018, 02:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sean,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/ to the XX8/XKR forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Canada Region forum by following this link
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/canada-73/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 08-29-2018, 02:48 AM
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,849 Posts

Welcome aboard Sean.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:13 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:56 AM
Received 10,481 Likes on 6,921 Posts

Welcome.

Well done.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:39 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Sean,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 08-29-2018, 05:50 AM
Received 4,281 Likes on 3,701 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!