New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello, new S type R owner.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello, new S type R owner.

Picked up a 2005 S type R last week, 77,000 miles and seems like the last owner treated the car fairly well. All scheduled maintenance up to 60,000 miles and then no more dealer stamps. I enjoy working on cars and will attempt to perform most of the maintenance myself. That is why i love car forums so much, seems like you can get just about any questions answered. Look forward to searching and sharing!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome! *secret handshake* Come on down to the S-Type sub-form and do some recreational reading. You'll learn all you need there.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 6,360 Likes on 5,534 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff,

Good to have you with us.
Head on over to the the tech section and the R guys will help you out S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum you may also want to look in your regional section Southwest US - AZ TX NM OK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Hope you enjoy browsing the forum and don't hesitate to post some pictures of your S-type!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff,

Follow Norri's link to the S-type tech section for help, advice and information. If you're new to this model, the 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hi there Jeff & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us
Hope we can help buddy............

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Welcome aboard!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the reply everyone! Want to tell you a quick story and why I am here...2 years ago I had never heard of the S Type R and never even considered Jaguar as a car i wanted to own but that soon change on a drive home on the Turner Turnpike in Oklahoma. The Turner Turnpike is a 95 miles strech of road between OKC and Tulsa, well maintained and a speed limit of 75mph. Several sections of this road can lead to some higher speeds depend on traffic and conditions. I was driving home in my Volvo S 60 R (300hp, AWD, 6sp manual) I love my S 60, its great fun, plenty of power and torque and a great highway cruiser. As I was driving, I see in the distance a pair of HID headlights and the S Type grill. The HID captured my attention, never knew the S type had this...then the grill, it looked different, never seen that style on an S type either. As the car got closer..it just had a different look, more agressive..so I'm thinking, wow this guy has really fixed up is S type..looks good! At this point I thought it was all cosmetic, then he passed me, probably cruising at 85 - 90mph and i noticed the huge Brembo calipers behind the wheels and the R logo and I knew this was no ordinary S type. Once i got home i did some research, found out about the car and i was hooked. I knew i had to have one, and 2 weeks ago, that came true! Loving the car so far and looking forward to my trip down the turnpike to OKC.

The following users liked this post:
Muddydog (02-26-2013)