New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Rhode Island

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013 | 08:51 PM
|
Default Hello from Rhode Island

Hello Folks, I just purchased my moms, husbands XJ6 Jaguar, 1994. I am not sure where the XJ40 comes from? He bought the car new in FL drove it there for a few years. Then back to Massachusetts and drove it summers up here, Beautiful steel blue color with a grey leather interior. It spent every winter covered inside. She is in excellence condition for the year. I need to repair the headliner and under hood insulation. The Jag looks great next to my MGB and Volvo P1800. Hope to learn much here on this forum. Thanks

Suva39

Old 09-25-2013 | 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

Old 09-25-2013 | 09:34 PM
Veteran member

Welcome Suva39 - both to the forum and Jaguar ownership. "XJ6" was used by Jaguar over the years to describe a variety of different cars, so they used more specific names to describe the exact model. XJ40 identifies the XJ6 that was built from about '86 to '94. I've got one, and they're a dream (mostly!). Enjoy yours. Sounds like you found a good one.

cheers,
Scott

Old 09-26-2013 | 02:36 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Suva39,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums. XJ40 is the factory designation for the XJ6 produced between 1986-94. As so many previous models were also 'XJ6', XJ40 sonn became used by dealers, press and public to distinguish it from earlier models.

Follow this link XJ40 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJ40 forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US North East Region forum by following this link North East US - ME NH VT MA RI CT NJ NY PA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 09-26-2013 | 04:57 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome Suva39,

You sound excited with your new addition to the family and hearty greetings to your joining the forum.

I hope you land happy and get to know the forum at your leisure.

I personally find the forum a great social addition to my life from the off-topic threads and posts to the technical side too and am always impressed with the help I get from well known members like GGG, JimC64, Thermo and so many others and I wouldn't have the time to name all of them!

Have fun and I hope your Jaguar goes well to your liking!

Best Regards, Stu

Old 09-26-2013 | 05:54 AM

Welcome to the forum Suva39,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-26-2013 | 06:49 AM
|
Default Thanks for the welcome

Good advise so far. I see I need to up load some pictures soon.
No one should fret about the Volvo in my stable not being British. The body was stamped buy Jensen in the UK.

Take care

Old 09-26-2013 | 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Aha, Suva39,

You are familiar with good names so you will fit right in here, enjoy yourself!
There is no rush to post pictures, we do find it's interesting though as everyone has their own taste and thus the opinions and decor differs amazingly thanks to so many members and their perception on a fabulous brand.

I also didn't know that the Jensen stamp was on your Volvo (I learn something new everyday here so thank you!) and they are decent cars in my opinion but I don't have one, I know what I prefer!!

Stu

Old 09-29-2013 | 04:52 PM

welcome to the forum and the Jag family!

Old 09-29-2013 | 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search
facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Old 10-01-2013 | 06:21 AM
|
Default Bonnet liner

I need a bonnet liner for my XJ40. Has any one heard from Gonso at Hood Liners? I read he is not feeling well.

I will keep looking.

Old 10-01-2013 | 05:56 PM
GGG

Although he's been seriously ill, he has got back to work recently.

Graham