New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from South Africa - soon to be first time Jaguar owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from South Africa - soon to be first time Jaguar owner!

Saying hi from South Africa (where there is no such thing as a Jaguar forum!)...

Hopefully taking delivery of a black 2012 XF 5.0 V8 (in black) tomorrow. My first Jaguar, my first black car. I'm hoping maintaining the car's cleanliness will be the hardest part of the relationship!

Must say, precious little info on the N/A V8 model, or maybe I'm just a bad 'searcher'... Only mod I'm considering is a meatier exhaust that wouldn't affect warranties or be too loud.

Cheers
Brendan

Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Brendan,

The anticipation must be killing you!

Follow this link XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XF (X250) section for help, advice and information. It is also the place to post tech questions.

You can also visit the Other Areas Region section by following this link Other Areas - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in less Jaguar populated parts of the World.

Hope the XF is ready on time.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Brendan,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Thanks there!

Moving from a Merc C350cdi and wanted a revvier more exciting motor (and not a merc - want a change). Must say, I was seriously undecided about what car. I gave up superbikes 3 years ago and have been itching for a speed fix since. Within my actual budget I tested an M3 (too revvy), 1M (too small and grossly overpriced shop trade-in) and even a porsche boxter (987 - too impractical). No criticisms of the vehicles themselves, just that it took me a looong time to realise what I actually wanted.

I tested an XFR, but as amazing as it felt, it was just too expensive to justify imo - I had a fantastic salesman (the first useful salesman I've met in my longish life!); while I was sitting feeling out a 3.0d S, he came to the door with "my tech brought the 5.0 to the front, here are the keys see you in an hour or so" - It worked!!!

The money I'm saving from the XFR can go to a little saving and maybe a cheap track car next year.

I can't even sleep - It's 2am in SA and I'm still trying to googlefind a quality aftermarket exhaust!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by SDSmurf
............... I can't even sleep - It's 2am in SA and I'm still trying to googlefind a quality aftermarket exhaust!!!
Brendan,

2am - that means it IS tomorrow now!

Graham

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM

Fixed, and goodnight... morning... whatever !

Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM

It's here!!!
Compared to the C350cdi, it's just so grown up-feeling, and yet feels sporty and light on it's feet. The difference in power delivery is totally different; I was initially driving too slowly (relatively speaking) because I'm not used to revving the engine out - Adjusting my driving style, my son who isn't all that into cars yet (other than the boot ) told me "Dad the engine sounds great, what was wrong with the old one?" Damn we laughed!

Interior is ivory seats with dark charcoal(ish) inserts, dash top is light grey with the rich oak veneer.

Put 250km on it already and enjoying it as much as I thought I would. My kids are completely enthralled with the rear tv screens, even though I've not tried them yet.

And the adaptive cruise control, it's my first car with it; don't think I'll ever trust it completely, but driving to my sister to show her the car, it definitely worked!

So far, the feel of the suspension and the sound of the engine/exhaust is the most enjoyable aspects of the car, along with the steering which feels lighter than my Wife's E coupe, and more...... enjoyable. For some reason, I liken the feeling as "serious, but not taking itself too seriously, if that makes sense?
In all honesty, it just feels a better car in every way - But BIG! It's going to take a little while to get used to a near 5m long car!

The tyre pressure warning came on for the front left which was confirmed with the pressure gauge I carry (from biking days) - Pumped it up, and it came on again in the afternoon. Taking it to Jaguar tomorrow to check and replace tyre if necessary.

You see very few XFs where I stay, but most are white, light silver or that light blue colour - Amazingly I saw another black one but sans the chromed side vents... Honestly, I wasn't sure about them, but I'd have them instant now - The all black seemed a bit 'empty' compared to mine.

'Mine' - I own a Jaguar XF....... Feels real good saying that

Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
GGG

Collected the XF and done 250 Km. So you didn't get any sleep at all last night!

Looks great and I agree about the side vents.

Adaptive cruise control does take some getting used to. It'll take a while to stop hovering your foot over the brake pedal.

Enjoy it.

Graham

Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Brendan & welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Congrats on a great looking car............. thanks for sharing

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features. Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................