New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hello from Ukraine

Hello everyone! My name is Alex, I'm from Ukraine and I am an owner of a beautiful XF 3.0 supercharged AWD. Unfortunately, for the past year and a half that I've had it most of the time it spent in service or on the parking, waiting for the service. I've brought it from USA auctions, as a non-damaged car, however, it was shipped without keys. Little did I know, that keys were probably thrown away on purpose, as after almost 6 months of struggle to make a key, I realise that the engine is completely dead. Overheated and stuck. But even that is not a problem anymore, in Ukraine we have all kind of serviceman, who can even rise a jaguar engine from the dead. Now it purrs like a kitten, and drives like a dream, however..... awd keeps shutting down all the time. And that, surprisingly, is the biggest problem, as physically and electronically everything is ok. Multiple services have been all over the wiring and transmission and transfer box with no luck. When you start driving, everything seems good, however, usually on the nearest traffic light, error comes on that awd has been shut down. Sometimes. however, the error doesn't show for a good amount of time, and then it comes up during a steady ride on a highway.. The most frustrating thing, there is no consistency in this error(
This car is so cool, but it has drained so much money already, that it is just mind-blowing.
Maybe someone here has any ideas on this awd problem, that would be an enormous help!

Old 07-31-2020, 04:10 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Alex,

Good to have you with us.
Head over to the XF tech forum for better advice
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 07-31-2020, 05:06 AM
Received 10,518 Likes on 6,948 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Alex,

Good to have you with us.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/ to the X250 forum for help, advice and information. You can also use the Other Areas Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/other-areas-43/ to find other members in your part of the World.

I've added vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. If you want to change these, go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 07-31-2020, 06:19 AM
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Welcome aboard Alex.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone!)

Old 07-31-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,343 Likes on 5,431 Posts

Hello, Alex,
I'm sorry your new Jaguar has so many problems.
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-31-2020, 03:55 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Old 08-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Beriadan
Hello everyone! My name is Alex, I'm from Ukraine and I am an owner of a beautiful XF 3.0 supercharged AWD. Unfortunately, for the past year and a half that I've had it most of the time it spent in service or on the parking, waiting for the service. I've brought it from USA auctions, as a non-damaged car, however, it was shipped without keys. Little did I know, that keys were probably thrown away on purpose, as after almost 6 months of struggle to make a key, I realise that the engine is completely dead. Overheated and stuck. But even that is not a problem anymore, in Ukraine we have all kind of serviceman, who can even rise a jaguar engine from the dead. Now it purrs like a kitten, and drives like a dream, however..... awd keeps shutting down all the time. And that, surprisingly, is the biggest problem, as physically and electronically everything is ok. Multiple services have been all over the wiring and transmission and transfer box with no luck. When you start driving, everything seems good, however, usually on the nearest traffic light, error comes on that awd has been shut down. Sometimes. however, the error doesn't show for a good amount of time, and then it comes up during a steady ride on a highway.. The most frustrating thing, there is no consistency in this error(
This car is so cool, but it has drained so much money already, that it is just mind-blowing.
Maybe someone here has any ideas on this awd problem, that would be an enormous help!
Apparently your car has been more problem than enjoyment so far.
Glad you joined.
You will find here people both willing, knowledgeable And able to help you!
Welcome to the forums.