New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Hi i'm a newbee here hope i can get some help. I just bought a 2000 XJ8 vanden plas. I bought it with the motor removed and only limited info. Said they couldn;t get it to run so they were going to replace it. Not the sharpest tools in the drawer. LOL any how i have replaced the engine and have it running I assume that maybe it was "washed down" and lost compresion when it was starting. When i bought tha car the owner said that the mecs. were confused by the valet system. Any way now the engine purrs like a kitten except it say that its in limp home mode. I don't have coolent in it yet since they broke and cute some lines that i am currently trying to locate. Also it seems to be stuck in valet mode.... seats, trunk, radio, nothing will opperate. i have disconected the battery, to no avail.will the low coolant cause it to stick in valet mode?, or do i have deeper troubles. Is there a sorce where i can find sceematics of the valet system so i can trouble shoot it. Is there a modual or is it part of the main computor system. Sorry for the long post!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome bricklin,

Always a challenge taking on someone's unfinished project. You've made considerable progress and it's almost there.

This section is really for Intros and you'll probably get a faster and wider response if you post the techie question about valet mode directly on the X308 section.

Graham

Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

As GGG says, post in the forum for your car, (X308). However, note that 'valet' mode is provided to allow the parking valet (of your posh golf or country club if you're a member of one), to park your car without getting access to the glove-box and the boot (trunk), using a special valet key.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Welcome! What part of Canada?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Sounds like you have some work on your hands.
As the others said post over on the tech section. (X308)

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys i reposted under XJ8.
i'm near Ottawa