New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Here I go again

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Here I go again

Well...........after a long Jaguar hiatus, I'm about to take the plunge again.

My first Jag was a '76? XJ-12. Truly a great cruising car a relatively few mechanical problems other than minor Prince of Darkness hiccups along the way. I really enjoyed the car and had lots of great times with it. (I remember one incident where me and three of my buddies were in the city and suddenly surrounded by a swarm of 6 ft transvestites YIKES! luckily the Prince didn't let me down and the power windows motored up quickly! But I digress....)

Since the XJ-12, we've had a series of interesting cars in addition to our other "boring" car lineage. The interesting lineage went like this: Jag XJ-12 > BMW 525i > Porsche 928 > Mercedes SL-500. Unfortunately the 94 SL-500, which I had planned to keep indefinitely, was recently totaled in a relatively minor garage fire.

So here I am, standing at the edge of the pool, ready to take the plunge to a nice, low mileage 2004 XK-8.

I was delighted to discover this forum which gives me great confidence that I'm making a good decision and will be able to find help with any issues that may crop up. I hope to be a valued contributor as well.

Best Regards,

George

Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum George,

A sad end to the SL-500 but it allows you to get back to proper cars.

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section for help, advice and information.

You can also visit the US Midwest Region section by following this link Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum George,

Good to have you with us.
It's time for another Jag.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey & welcome aboard George, good to have you here with us here at JF

Welcome back to the fold .........have you purchased the car yet?

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Please take the time to check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

See you in the forums

Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome, George, and greetings from the Midwest Region. I say, hop into the pool, and swim once again! The water is fine.

Cheers!
Scott