New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hey Folks, this is my first JAAAAAGGG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Folks, this is my first JAAAAAGGG!!!!

Hi All

This is my first JAAAAGG and couldn't wait as I have always loved them and only dreamed of owning one. I was contemplating a BMW 530d at first as I do a lot of mileage and wanted something prestige, with enough power and reasonable economy. So i decided to go for the JAG!!!

I have always loved these XJ6's even wanted one of the older ones on a P reg(not sure what the shape is called).

Eventually, I found a perfect one, well what i thought was perfect anyway. I got a 2005 XJ6 2.7TDVI Sovereign in the Ice blue colour with 88k and full Jaguar history. The car had a few things which needed doing on it so I waited a week to pick it up. I am still waiting for the parking sensor to arrive off trader I bought it off.

Into my end of week one of owning my new JAAAGG, I started reading the manual to see what the car actually had as extras. I realised it had a blue tooth integrated telephone which started off working OK.

About a day later, it started showing when I pressed the telephone button that the telephone wasn't available an wasn't apart of the system(cannot remember the full message). I switch the car off for around 15mins then went back into it. The telephone option was back on and was available to connect. When I try to connect my phone, my iPhone says it is connected but the car is showing i am not connected. If I switch the car off again for a while it works fully with my iPhone connected for one call then starts playing up.

As for the wing mirror this was fully working for just over a week and has now stopped. When the button is pressed to open/close the wing mirrors, the drivers door mirror closes about 1CM and then will open when the button is pressed again to open.

I am a bit disheartened as I have waited forever to but this wonderful car but I have it, it has started causing me problem within a week or two.

Can anyone help??

Thanks for letting join by the way and sorry for chewing anyone's ears as this is a bit of a long message. hehehhehhe.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 AM
GGG
Received 16,866 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sukki,

Great Intro. I keep thinking we've met before somewhere!

Congratulations on the XJ. Although the Bluetooth and Powerfold issues are a bit disheartening for you, they are nothing too serious and you should get the answers on the forum.

The 'P' reg (1997) will have been an XJ Sovereign or an XJ Sport available in both 3.2 and 4.0 litre in the UK or perhaps even an XKR. These are known as X300 on the forum after the factory code for the model.

I'll not go into the Bluetooth issue here because you've got this on a post in the XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section.

On my XK8, if the mirror has been knocked (by a pedestrian or another vehicle), it has to be reset to fold and unfold again properly with the power function. Check your handbook to see if the XJ is the same or post this tech question in the same section as the link above.

Please add vehicle details to your Signature. This makes it easier for others to help you. Town or City can also safely be added to your location.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 06-26-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Sukki,

I'm a Jag new owner as well. Bluetooth is a really flaky technology so i probably wouldn't blame the car for that. I have enough trouble getting a microsoft blutooth mouse to talk to a laptop running microsoft windows 7 !

Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good to have you with us.

I'd amble back to the dealer or previous owner and have them show you how to set things.

Most people would be willing to help.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Received 6,337 Likes on 5,522 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the great welcome guys and it a pleasure to be on forum. I will have a look at these few suggestions and get back to you and let you know how i get on.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 AM

I got the problem resolved for now guys. I was lookin at another thread for the s-type which i was informed had the same integrated system, but sure if its true.

Any how i disconnected my battery over night from The negative side and then before reconnecting i unscrewed the dvd player and cd changer craddke and just checked all the wires.

This seems to have resolved the problem soo i will be using the telephone more than i normally would and ill keep you updated how i get on

Old 06-27-2012, 06:38 AM
GGG

Sukki,

The Jaguar Bluetooth appears to be generic across the model range the touch screen option being the only difference for setup and operation.

Good news the issue appears to be resolved. When you've had a few days to verift it's working OK, please put a post in the the XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section thread detailing the fix.

Still looking for those vehicle details in your Signature line.

Graham

Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 AM

Graham, I added a signature yesterdsy but it doesnt seem to show for some reason??

Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by Sukki
Graham, I added a signature yesterdsy but it doesnt seem to show for some reason??
Sukki,

I can see ' Jaguar 2005 XJ6 2.7TDVI Sovereign ' with a line above it in your Signature line.

What are you expecting to see?

Graham

Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Sukki, welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

Sig appears fin btw!
Glad you seem to have some resolution and look forward to a repeat post confirming this...........hope all is well

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 AM

Thanks u for the warm welcome Jim. Very much appreciate the full site upgrade.