New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi From Connecticut....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile Hi From Connecticut....

Hi!

I've been 'lurking' for over a year now, as I search for my 'dream' XK8/XKR (2004 Convertible, preferably low miles and Jaguar Racing Green...).

I've read all the advice and faq's posted here, and last weekend so nearly got the perfect car in VA - but just lost out to another buyer when I couldn't get to the dealer in time (if the buyer is a member here, you'll know who you are - great luck with the car, it's a beauty - I'll admit to being envious!)

When I get my car I do plan some minor changes - I really like the 3 center gauges (the classic look), so if the car has a Nav system, I plan to swap that (and the veneer). Also looking for a subtle, but useful head-unit upgrade (perhaps based around the JVC El Kameleon with a custom resin molded facia to match the original). I have been wondering if it would be possible to get that working with the Garmin GVN (it should work using the Garmin remote)

But, I've got to find the car first. Looking forward to joining the party here!

-Steve

Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Hello, I am sure you will make good friendships here
Happy safe driving
You can drop by Off Topic Forums for fun and other stuffs if you like as well .

Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Although my photo may be the one in VA, I'm not the one that bought the car out from under you. I bought mine in 2006. I didn't have a photo of the car without me in it, and weather's too bad to go out and shoot one (especially since it needs a bath!). I looked for a Jag Racing Green XK8 photo on the internet, and this is the only one to come up - I think it actually was a 2004. So picture not mine, but I do have a 2004 Jaguar Racing Green XK8 convertible - beautiful color - my car looks exactly like this one. Once I decided Jaguar Racing Green was the color I had to have, it took me over a year to find it! It only had 6800 miles on it when I found it, private seller, and I flew to Chicago with check in hand to buy it. My dream car and meant to be! Everything fell right into place. Be patient, you'll find your dream car.

Barbara

Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jaggrnxk8
Welcome to the forum. Although my photo may be the one in VA, I'm not the one that bought the car out from under you. I bought mine in 2006. I didn't have a photo of the car without me in it, and weather's too bad to go out and shoot one (especially since it needs a bath!). I looked for a Jag Racing Green XK8 photo on the internet, and this is the only one to come up - I think it actually was a 2004. So picture not mine, but I do have a 2004 Jaguar Racing Green XK8 convertible - beautiful color - my car looks exactly like this one. Once I decided Jaguar Racing Green was the color I had to have, it took me over a year to find it! It only had 6800 miles on it when I found it, private seller, and I flew to Chicago with check in hand to buy it. My dream car and meant to be! Everything fell right into place. Be patient, you'll find your dream car.

Barbara
I definitely agree - JRG + Tan roof is the perfect color! I was puzzled why 'your' car was the one in VA (I saw the comment above that you'd had it 4 years), but that explains it.

One problem I've got in searching is that there seem to be very few XK's for sale in the CT (and even the North East). My various automotive knowledgeable buddies across the country are getting used to my requests 'could you drop by this place and take a look at a car for me'...and normally that's not until the weekend, and by then the (good) cars seem to be sold. I get the feeling that the 2003/2004 models are getting highly sought after...

-Steve

Old 02-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good luck with the search, patience is a virtue.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello Steve and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site Steve.......
Good to have you here onboard one of the friendliest forums around.
Jump in and enjoy everything thats going on....there's usually plenty in all sections.

In the meantime I wish you the best of luck with your search and hope you find your dream car soon.

I hope we may be able to help and offer some suggestions /help as needed

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can access all the sites features

Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

In the meantime I wish you the best of luck with your search and hope you find your dream car soon.
In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can access all the sites features
Thanks! Now all I need to do is find the car so I have some photos to post

-Steve