New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi Everybody I am new in here

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 10:56 PM
|
Default Hi Everybody I am new in here

hi
this is my first post ,so go easy on me
i just bought new S type 2000 4.0 8Cyl low mileage and clean color silver
very tight .. 18 inche chrome wheels it has mesh grille .. i realy like ... but i have problem ... it has no CD or any CD changer .. I don't know what happened
But it's true it has no CD/ in the dashboard it has option tape/cd but I looked everywhere no CD
I went to dealer to see if i can get CD changer they told me $ 800
guys help me what to do... guide me where i can find aftermart Cd or any suggestion will be help i juts want CD in my Car it's imparsing jaguar with no cd.. I had only one week so far i did not allow anybody inside the car yet

if post the thread in wrong section please forgive my apalogize
thanks advance

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:20 AM
Veteran member

I'd first see if there is wiring for the CD changer in the trunk...if its there, you may be able to just buy a unit off of ebay. Previous owner could have pulled it. That car may not have come with the option either, tape only. I don't see how, but it is feasible.

If you don't have one, or can't get a changer installed w/o wiring...i'd just go custom. Alot of people have had a shop make a custom faceplate and put in a big screen aftermarket deck. Don't be afraid, but you will pay for it - easily $700 and up for a good deck.

the only reason i would go with an aftermarket is that the jag cd changers only do music CDs, no mp3 or data discs allowed, which in these days, pretty much bites. You can get an aftermarket deck with a USB output, stick a 250GB hard drive in your glove box, and you're set w/ all of your music.

Don't know what 'imparsing' is supposed to mean in your original post, you sound a little intoxicated...

Old 03-18-2009 | 08:43 AM
|

thanks for the info .. yes i admit i had few, but i was not intoxicated not even close
'( imparsing) ' sorry for the misspell what I mean is '' Embarrassing '' ..
Spero di aver capito .... . grazie

Old 03-18-2009 | 01:47 PM

First of all ... Welcome
Second go on ebay and can find a cd deck on there most of the time... if not go aftermarket.
Third let them go inside so what if its tape, I would still be proud to drive a Jag even if it came with a-track player.... well maybe not much but its tape, tell them its Jaguar trying to stay classic... see now I'm speaking like im intoxicated, I'm all cornfused...

Old 03-18-2009 | 03:09 PM
Veteran Member

Bien venuto signori,Va Bene que bella magnifica

Old 03-18-2009 | 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Howdy Tuka,

Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:33 AM
|

''Jamey" che sto facendo bene
I just found new shop in my area they have all kind of dash dvd deck check their website http://subzerosoundsmn.com/SZS/

grazie per tutte le informazioni... (thanks for info )