New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Hi Everyone!

Hi,

My name is Jeff. I'm a professional medium / heavy duty fleet mechanic. This position puts me in contact with LOTS of people who see me fix their work vehicles, and so leads to me volunteering time helping them keep their rides on the road. Some are old junkers from people who need help, or the more enjoyable, exotic / classic vehicles I come in contact with.

While I myself don't own one of these vehicles, a close friend does. Hence, I have been elected this second owner Jaguar's mechanic. I am a Volkswagen man outside of work, so I am familiar with what some consider the European over doing the technology.

I hope to ask some of you about your experiences and technical findings on your own vehicles.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Received 6,326 Likes on 5,512 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff,

What kind of Jag does your friend have?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by adoptedJag
Hi,

My name is Jeff. I'm a professional medium / heavy duty fleet mechanic. This position puts me in contact with LOTS of people !
Welcome to the forum, sorry couldn't resist. LOL

Great to see someone who helps others, you'll find lots of advice about your friend's Jag.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Jeff, welcome aboard the forum Good to have you here with us!

Please check out the relevant section for the best possible answer to any questions you may have. This is the new member section and as such solely for welcoming newbies to the site.
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can immediately enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer.

Some great guys / DIY'ers and top techs here all friendly and willing to help if able, so jump right in and enjoy

all the best

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To all: thanks for the welcomes
To Gus: Took care of the sig - Thanks!
To Norri: 2006 XJ8L - Longer than some of the vehicles at my work!
To Richard: That was quick! I reread it over and over looking for spelling before it finally hit. Boy would I have the answers then! Still laughing!
To Jim: Thanks for the welcome to the site, and the access! I've been searching here for a while for answers, and seeing the members pic's, I wasn't sure how a non-Jag owner would be accepted. Relieved to see the Passat & Audi in your signature!