New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi! Finally got another Jag and this time I am joining this incredibly useful forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi! Finally got another Jag and this time I am joining this incredibly useful forum.

Just wanted to say 'hi'. It is wonderful to have a Jaguar again. I had a 1997 XJR and now a 2000 XKR. I have a watch and car disease. Can't have enough of either one of them. I read a LOT of posts here and bought the Essential Buyer's Guide for XK8 and XKRs by Nigel Thorley. The XKR passed all of the tests and here's to hoping the tests are passed on a regular basis . Don't want the car flunking any of those 'tests' now that I am the proud 'Papa'. I am pretty new to the dos and don'ts of the forum world. Hopefully I do not break very many rules. My biggest thing now is replacing the seal on the passenger side where the front window hits the convertible top. I read the post about using super glue and that ain't working for me, I did try it. What I would like to find (and I have searched EVERYWHERE) is somewhere to buy parts at a decent price, IE: not the dealer.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Also, should you have questions related to your vehicle please post it in the section for your model year (MY) car. This way you will reach all the members that are familiar with your MY car.

You need to reset your To do this you push the window down button and hold until you hear or feel a click. Then push the window button for the window to close and hear or feel the click. This should be done when you are in the car and the door is closed. The window should operate properly by opening a slight bit when the door is opened and close when the door is closed.
This problem is often caused by a weak battery voltage. 10.5 or below they loose memory settings.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Default Gus, very glad you were the 1st to reply to my intro.

Gus,

I have read a lot of posts by you and are impressed with your knowledge and technique of sharing it with others. It will be good when I do get all of the benefits of the forum.

The problem I am having is not the window, it is replacing the rubber molding on the convertible top where the passenger window meets it. Almost $300 from the dealer just seems a bit steep.

I will hunt around and try to figure out where to post my search so it is in the right place.

With much respect,
dje

Old 08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard, great to have you here at JF...

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site, which I hope you enjoy.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome aboard DJE, glad to have you with us, congrats on the XKR!

btw, just bought a Tag Heuer Grande Date Chronograph...did I do okay???

Old 08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dash,

Good to have you with us.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Default Hey Cigar Guy

You did great on the watch. I have a Tag 2000 Chrono and the Indy 500 watches. BTW, I love cigars also.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJagman:
Cigar Guy (08-22-2011), jprentice (08-27-2011)