New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi guys (and girls)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi guys (and girls)

Hi my names Debbie if you hadn't already guessed.I joined the other day and thought I'd better introduce myself.
(Excuss the typo's as I've had a couple of glasses of red with dinner.)

Just briefly: My 52' MG ZT190+ 2.5 V6 got traded 4 weeks ago for an 06' Xtype Estate 2.2D Premium Sport much to my dismay BUT I am coming round to the Jag and thought meeting a few Jag' heads might help. The car is lovely to drive, fairly nippy and has all the extra packs on so loads of gadgets and to date I can't complain. It doesn't have that va va voom the MG had but like I say can't complain. (I was after an Audi A6 Avant but the hubbie turned 40 last month and that was that!)

I'm a real petrol head at heart and frequent as many uk race meets as possible, mainly with my 7 yr old daughter but James who's approaching 5 is fast starting to find his racing fav's. if i can't be there then then I either watch on TV or "Thank God" for Sky+. Having said that I'm not overly chuffed with ITV's coverage of the BTCC and even less impressed that Motors TV have lost out to Setanta.(But that's a whole different rant)

I love track days but can't find any mention of them here and to be fair I don't think I'll be doing too much of that now I'm diesel Estate [:'(].

So come on boys and girls I need to "Bond" with my car (I've not even named "IT" yet)

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Debbie

Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Hi guys (and girls)

I like the stock car racing here in the states, especially the short tracks. I a blast to watch 43 cars on a less then half mile oval trading paint and make the rotors glow!

Welcome aboard!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Hi and welcome

Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  6.3 KB

Hi Debbie n welcome to the forum and Jag ownership.
Nice to see a female petrol head every once in a while.
I'm glad you like the X, but can't really see what your complaint is re the performance.
I have the 2.5V6 petrol and believe me, your 2.2d would probably leave it standing. I've driven diesels for around 15 years as I travel a helluva lot over the course of the year. I've watched them just get better n better as time moves on. I've just traded my Saab 93 in for an Audi A6 3.0TDI Quattro........what a machine!
Anyways, back to the Saab 93.....It was a 1.9Tid with 150 bhp and was quick.......I got the ECU remapped by Saab taking it to 175bhp. That baby could shift and would leave 2.0 petrols for dead ( other than your Evo's and Subaru's of course) I once outran a BMW 5 series 3tdi and hit 152 on the clock. 0-60 came in around 7.7 secs............not bad for a diesel huh?
The point? I would say that your 2.2 will be quick if you drive it right, using the torque thats available and keeping the revs up. You want more? Check out the possibility of an ECU remap.........diesels achieve the highest gains in both bhp and nm of torque as a rule. You could be looking at 20 % - 25% increase and still have a motor that returns good fuel economy when driven at a leisurely pace.

See you around Debbie

JC

Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 12

Hey Debbie, try this link to paramount performance. They offer a 35bhp increase for £650. Unsure though as to whether this is on the 2.0 or 2.2.
When I did it on the Saab it cost me £900.............All in all the absolute best £900 I ever spent on the vehicle.........would I do it again? In a heartbeat!

Hope this gives you food for thought

JC
http://www.paramount-performance.com/

Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 12

Debbie a few comparisons for you.

MG ZT 190 - 188bhp / 345nm torque / 140mph / 0-60 =8.5s
X 2.5V6 194bhp / 180nm torque / 140mph / 0-62 = 8.3s
X 2.2D 155bhp / 360nm torque / 134mph / 0-60 = 8.9s

New 2.2 litre turbocharged four-cylinder Diesel engine produces 155PS and 360Nm (EEC) torque, with 400Nm overboost facility.

Thats without any ECU remap! I'd be willing to bet a months wages that if you were to drive the 2.2 hard against any of the other 2 even at stock, you'd definately give them a run for their money. It would be too close to call!

JC

Old 06-28-2007, 03:56 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Point taken on the power thing but it's handling as well. I am getting used to it now and am throwing it about a bit more, I'll give it a few more months and then see what mods are available and weigh up the gains/£ options.

Got to go, am planning on going back to college in September and have an interview in 40 mins. But you've not seen the last of me.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

All right, another chick! And you're a drunkie! HAHA, you'll fit right in! Nothing against you, cuz there's nothing more respectable than a chick who knows her **** about cars, and truly has a passion for em...but I personally think that the estate is the one piece of **** that Jag should've never made, but then again, I guess it takes owning one to appreciate it! Welcome, and hope to see you around!

Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Diesel and estate weren't even in my vocab untill recently. The deal was get a "sensible" family car that can be packed to bursting for trips to Sth France etc (je detest le roof box!)and the rust bucket in the garage went to some other mug and was replaced by a track car for yours truely. I now own the sensible diesel estate and am awaiting disposal of said rust bucket (I shan't hold my breath too long as things don't generally move that quick in this house - the original deal was made 2 years ago when we eventually got married after living together for 11yrs and having two kids!)

Rust bucket = 1976 MGB GT 3.5 V8

I wanted the Audi, Geoff's always wanted a Jag and the ZT-T 135TDi which we both agreed would have been great is no longer available. I didn't want a proper Ford, VX, Pug, 5hitreon, Seat, VW has become a bit too boring and to be honest the options were limited.

I did try my hardest to go against the decision at the time specifiying Black or Midnight only, had to be a Premium Sport with black interior, had to have voice pack and bluetooth Euro Sat Navthe stereo upgrade was a bonus. It took them awhile to locate the exact vehicle but fair play to Reading they stepped up to the mark where swindon was sadley lacking in enthusiastic sales persons. It was 5k cheaper than the Audi I'd seen with more toys to boot.

Oh and in case you give a flying ******, college interview went great, initial assesments passed and I start back as a student on the 17th Sept. Kids think it's hilarious and hubbie is just indulging my whims and smiling/nodding at all the right times. Me I'm looking forward tocheap drinksand all those cute teenage boys

Do you guys meet up at all? Regionally, Christmas, Race meets?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 10

ORIGINAL: DEBBIE
Me I'm looking forward tocheap drinksand all those cute teenage boys
Go Debs

JC

Re the social side of the forum, meets etc Debbie.......you have to remember that many ( most) of the members are from overseas. I know the .co.uk forum has been talking about trying to organise something.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:58 PM

Wasn't aware of the majority of your locations. I did notice a few o/seas locations but just assumed (wrongly) that a Jag forum would revolve around the UK. are you guys members on the .co.uk site and do the two sites tie up much?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

id love to have meets, but i think there are only about one or two other people on this forum that live within a couple hundred miles from me (Southern California).