New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi from New Zealand!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011 | 01:36 AM
|
Default Hi from New Zealand!

Hi everyone!

My name's Glen, and after browsing your forums for a while, I thought it was about time I signed up properly.

I am also a member of a couple of other forums, like Jag-Lovers, and www.forums.nzicemag.co.nz, which is all about car stereos.

I currently have a 2000 XJR, to which I have upgraded the speakers, added a couple of nice amps, and am currently looking at either adding a touchscreen headunit, or a custom made car-pc to run everything! Anyone who has played with the stereo in an X308 will know how much fun this is!!!
The end goal, I am hoping, will be something on a similar level to the new XJ's, and the kind of stereo these cars always should have had, without compromising too much boot space.

This car is not my first Jag either, as I have been fortunate enough to have had two Series III XJ12's, and an X300 XJR in the past, but to be honest, the newer V8 is in another league altogether.

Old 04-06-2011 | 03:09 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Glen, I'm not much use to you with stereo upgrades, as long as I can get the cricket on the radio I'm good. You'll find some audio gurus over in the audio section, I can't understand a word they say. A din to me is a loud noise as for a double din well....

Old 04-06-2011 | 05:49 AM

Welcome to the forum Glen,

You will find plenty of audiophiles in the audio section and scattered around the other sections.

Old 04-06-2011 | 09:29 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Hello Glen and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 04-07-2011 | 04:09 AM
|

Thanks guys

I see there are some restrictions for new members, so I'll just have to try and get amongst it, so to speak!

Unfortunately I haven't got many pictures of my stereo install so far, but I'm sure I'll be able to help with advice from the things I've learnt so far

Old 04-07-2011 | 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the forum Glen Good to have you here with us...... you sound like a real car enthusiast and a Jag lover too....all good

Hope you enjoy your time here, some great members / techs and DIY Tips

Some good info here and some good craic too
In the meantime I've upgraded you too Full forum access so you can better view the sites features now jump right in and enjoy

All the best

Old 04-08-2011 | 02:49 AM
jya

Originally Posted by Translator
Welcome to the forum Glen, I'm not much use to you with stereo upgrades, as long as I can get the cricket on the radio I'm good. You'll find some audio gurus over in the audio section, I can't understand a word they say. A din to me is a loud noise as for a double din well....
Very amusing Translator; had a good laugh! I must say I thought I knew alot about stereos also until I started reading some of the posts there! I dont know what Androulakis is on about either half the time, but it sounds good!

Anyway welcome aboard Glen. Good to see the Commonwealth well represented!