New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi from the Pacific Northwest

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Hi from the Pacific Northwest

I've checked out this forum for years - now it's time to join. I am a Boeing engineer and a Grandpa who refuses to grow old without a fight! I just recently retired my wife's 1993 XJ6 VDP, and for all it's frustrating quirks, it was a really nice, solid ride. Sooo - I decided to get her a 2005 XJ8L to replace it, and I've really fallen in love with that car. She picked it up in Houston and drove it to Seattle. She couldn't believe how she could drive for 11 solid hours and still feel fresh. It is the most amazingly comfy vehicle we've ever experienced. And I can't believe how spunky it is. It's not an "R", just the vanilla 4.2, but wow, what a surprise the first time I stepped on the gas (ya' gotta love aluminum). I guess I was forced to admit that I really am a big Jaguar fan despite having had a '71 Corvette for 38 years. When I saw a Radiance Red 2006 XK8 roadster with 19,000 miles on it for sale, my little heart just went pitter-pat and I couldn't pass it by. This, in my humble opinion, is THE #1 sexiest car on the road since the XKE. So, the bottom line is: In the last 4 months I've spent most of a whole year's pay on two of the coolest rides in town. I'm looking foward to being part of a community that appreciates them and works together to keep the collective world of Jaguars purring.

Anybody want to buy a nice old Corvette??

Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your ride if you go for it .
It's for sure Jag supercedes corvette ,I am sure