New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Howdy from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010 | 05:50 PM
|
Default Howdy from Texas

Hello,
New member reporting in from Dallas, Texas! I've been a proud owner of a British Racing Green 2005 Jaguar S-Type R for the past 4.5 years (roughly 58k miles). I've had very little with actual problems while I owned her. Just a few TSBs, dealership incompetence and maintenance items (oh and tires! haha). Tire Rack sure loves me.

Name:  s-typer.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  98.7 KB

I came here looking for information on a TSB that relates to my Psycho Radio. (The radio turns off/mutes after a few minutes) Anyways.. I can't view any of the .PDFs here with this information.. I hope that can be resolved soon.

I've modified my S-Type R with a laser pro-park laser jamming system and I've also custom fabricated my own cold-air intake. (I only use it if I take it to the track) The pic below is now out-of-date.. since I now run an actual hose from the crank case vent to the metal part of the intake. The crank-case filter (K&N) throws a CEL.

Name:  angle_lg.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  56.9 KB

My Jag put down 341 rear-wheel horsepower and 349 ft/lbs torque completely stock.

Name:  dyn_sm_zoom-Copy.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  38.4 KB

Looking forwards to contributing bits and pieces to the forum!

Thanks for the wealth of information!

Last edited by H20boy; 11-01-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 10-31-2010 | 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome neighbor. Enjoy that ride. You'll probably find some good help in the S-type forum. I believe there are some gates with respect to days' gestation and # of posts before you can see the pics or pdf's. I imagine a mod will be along shortly to fix you up.

Old 10-31-2010 | 07:05 PM

Welcome nixx,

BRG one of my favourite colours. Hopefully you will find the solution to your radio problem.

Old 10-31-2010 | 08:50 PM
Rae

Welcome nixx. Nice intro. "***********"....love it, gave me a good laugh! Can you explain your pro-park laser jamming system? Never heard of it, although, I do live under a rock most of the time. Anyhow, enjoy the forum and your ride. There's plenty of great info here.
Ralph

Last edited by Rae; 10-31-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: punctuation, duh
Old 10-31-2010 | 09:06 PM
|

Originally Posted by Rae
Welcome nixx. Nice intro. "***********"....love it, gave me a good laugh! Can you explain your pro-park laser jamming system? Never heard of it, although, I do live under a rock most of the time. Anyhow, enjoy the forum and your ride. There's plenty of great info here.
Ralph
Thanks for the welcome! The Laser Pro-Park system consists of a control box (mounted inside the vehicle) and a small laser diode "head" that is mounted to the exterior of the vehicle. You can have several "heads" on the system. (I just have one, though) I mounted a single laser diode head in the center of my lower grill on my front bumper. (you may be able to see it on my pic on post #1 in this thread) This diode emits a laser pulse every few seconds and can be used for two things. One, it acts as a distance warning for parking. If you get within a specified distance to an object (for instance, parking in your garage) it will start to beep. Secondly, since it shoots laser forwards, it happens to disrupt commonly used police laser (lidar) guns. It works well and I have been able to test it on several occasions. I believe there are other systems out now that are slightly more effective, such as the Laser Interceptor. I have no experience with the Laser Interceptor.. just what I read on radar detector forums and such. These systems are a little pricey.. about the price of 2 speeding tickets. It may or may not make sense for some people. *shrug* I'm a gadget nerd.

Name:  lpp_box_lg.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  43.9 KB

I wired the controller button and operation LED in the little pocket on the left side of my steering wheel.

Name:  lpp_interior_lg.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 11-01-2010 | 05:25 AM
Veteran Member

Hello, nice intro but please let's not use that word begin with "s" as we have really good dealerships here

Old 11-01-2010 | 09:08 AM
|

Originally Posted by cadillac
Hello, nice intro but please let's not use that word begin with "s" as we have really good dealerships here
Ok. Is this site funded/owned by a dealership?

Old 11-01-2010 | 09:28 AM
Veteran member

welcome nixx, its not owned by, but we have several dealership sponsors, but more importantly, we have jag techs that volunteer their time to help out on the very difficult diagnostic/troubleshooting scenarios. Out of respect, the members can vent frustration with dealer experience, but we certainly avoid the generalization that all dealers charge too much, fix invoices, provide poor service, and 'steal' from its customers. There are many dealerships, their service and parts depts mentioned by name in these threads that are none of the above and are promoted in the regional sub-sections of the forums.

I 'fixed' your spelling mistake, and can now welcome you properly. I'll honk if I see ya on the highways! Look for Tech plates.

Old 11-01-2010 | 11:07 AM
|

Ahh.. sorry, I did not mean to indicate that ALL dealership maintenance departments steal and take advantage of customers. Since the turn of the millennium... I've only had issue with one... and that "dealership" is no longer around in Plano, Texas anymore. It was bought up by a much better franchise. I have not yet been back there for anything.. I wonder if the old mentality is still the same.