New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

I'm Baaaaack :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I'm Baaaaack :)

This isn't exactly an intro, I posted off and on here for a while over a year ago.

My colon ruptured, had to be removed, I wasn't allowed to do heavy mechanical things, blah blah blah. Now it's all good and I am glad to be back and able to do things again.

I appreciate everyone's help in the past with my cars and I'm glad to do whatever I can to help another.

I own a 1997 Vanden Plas and a 1995XJ6. The 95 is my daily driver, or at least it was until this present issue. The 1997 is my son's daily driver until he ships out to boot camp.

Peace!
Jack

Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Welcome back Jack!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome back. I believe I am somewhere east and north of you. I also drive a 95 XJ6 VDP. It is parked till this weekend so I can get a valve cover gasket installed. Leaking oil onto my plugs. Thank your son for me and tell him to stay safe. What branch is he going into. I retired from the navy, but I support all the services.

The following users liked this post:
JackJ (02-10-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 6,354 Likes on 5,532 Posts

Welcome back Jack,

Glad to hear you are fit and well again.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site Jack, good to have you back here on one of the friendliest forums around

Jumpright back in and enjoy......

In the meantime I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site

The following users liked this post:
JackJ (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarby
Welcome back. I believe I am somewhere east and north of you. I also drive a 95 XJ6 VDP. It is parked till this weekend so I can get a valve cover gasket installed. Leaking oil onto my plugs. Thank your son for me and tell him to stay safe. What branch is he going into. I retired from the navy, but I support all the services.
tcarby:

Yep, Louisville is about 2.5 hours northeast. I live right at the Land Between the Lakes. It's a bummer, but someone has to do it

Michael enters the Navy on 20110511. His contract is for Advanced Electronics Computer Field which will lead to either Fire Controlman or Electronics Technician. For this rate his contract required a 6 year commitment instead of four. I couldn't be more proud of him. He wants to make a career of it.

I'm assuming that you have the individual gaskets for each plug as well? It sounds like those plug gaskets are at fault and not the cover gasket itself.

Thanks again for the welcomes back

Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, my mechanic ordered the plug gaskets too. Tell Michael to stucy hard and just do what he is told. When I first went into the service, that was the advice my recruiter gave me. He said if it was pouring down rain and I was told to go water the flowers, then I should go water the flowers. They are just teaching you to follow orders. Listen to the Chief. I was a Fire Controlman on board a fast attack nuclear submarine. I still miss it. I do have a tendency to remember only the good parts. I am sure Michael will do well.
As for living at the land between the lakes, it must be difficult. I don't know if I could do that. My wife and I love to camp and fish. If i lived there I would have trouble holding a job and a fishing rod at the same time.