New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

I'm new. Looking for some input.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014 | 05:17 PM
|
Default I'm new. Looking for some input.

Good evening all,

A little background. I find myself in a unique situation. My ex wife and I are still friends (that's unique enough, just wait it gets better). She knows my propensity for cars (current weekend car is an Acura NSX) and she also knows I have owned and sold dozens of cars over the years.

The short version of this story is that she owns a 2011 XJL. Here's were I start to get a little sideways. She has emphasized it's a supercharged supersport with a sick amount of options (massaging seats and whatnot) and she has asked my help in selling it.

My purpose of jumping in here with you fine folks is 2 fold. 1, help me understand what she has. 2. Get some direction on the market for his car.

SO, all that said, I plan to spend a good bit of time poking around here. I also intend to spend a good amount of time driving this bad boy (ya know... for "research")

Any direction to parts of this site or general info is appreciated. The car is low mileage and stunner (black/black with 12k on the clock)

Thanks so much in advance!

Tim

Old 06-07-2014 | 05:45 PM

welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here while you research the vehicle.

For technical information on the XJ, check out the XJ (X351) section - first 2 threads are the hand book and how to's

XJ ( X351 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

for local events/info check out the Midwest US regional section

Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

lastly - recommend adding a signature to your profile by clicking the user cp link in the upper left - include model and year for best support.

enjoy

The following users liked this post:
tstruyk (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014 | 05:52 PM
|

on it!

Thanks for the input!

Old 06-07-2014 | 06:59 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

Old 06-07-2014 | 07:14 PM
XJL

Welcome to the forum! How much are you asking for the car? Post some pictures and information in the for sale section.

Old 06-07-2014 | 08:50 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Tim,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 06-08-2014 | 08:05 AM
|

Originally Posted by XJL
Welcome to the forum! How much are you asking for the car? Post some pictures and information in the for sale section.
Great question.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what she has and how that plays out in what the market is for it.

I'll put together a few things in the next few days. Pics, specs etc.

In typical fashion, she probably thinks it's worth too much and will be disappointed in what the real value is.

All I know at this point is it's the supersport L. Lots of options and she thinks low 70's.

My gut is that's high, especially to sell relatively quick. But again, I don't have my arms around the market yet.

Thanks for the warm welcome all! The format here is identical to nsxprime, navigating should be a breeze!

Old 06-08-2014 | 09:54 AM

First off, welcome ! Now on to the car..... its rather hard to put any number on a car without all the info. Based on my experience (21 of the last 30 years as a licensed dealer) I would want some simple yet important information.

#1 VIN number...as this will tell me the exact model
#2 Mileage, cant price anything without it
#3 Condition, and I mean real condition not the, My car is perfect except for, condition everyone thinks there are is. FYI, if trading this, the car will never be perfect for a dealer, EVER.
#4 Color, as much as it plays a factor when you buy a car its also a huge factor when selling it.

Lastly, I would, as would anybody who's interested, run a Carfax/Autocheck. Even if she says it was never in an accident or maybe just had a small dent that was repaired I would want proof there is nothing listed on either of these mentioned as it will detract from any resale price.

Enjoy your "research" while driving her, LOL the car I mean. Good luck on your helping her sell but at 70K a lot would need to proved positive I think for this number but then I don't flip late model Jags so I could be wrong with out all the info listed.

Old 06-08-2014 | 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tstruyk
Good evening all,

A little background. I find myself in a unique situation. My ex wife and I are still friends

Much better than being enemies

It might be unusual, but not unheard of. My ex-wife and I remain close friends. She's my best friend, actually. Just don't ever ask me to live with her again

I also intend to spend a good amount of time driving this bad boy (ya know... for "research")

Makes perfect sense. One sign of a good salesperson in genuine familiarity with the product !

Cheers
DD

Old 06-08-2014 | 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 06-08-2014 | 09:06 PM
|

Here is the email she sent me on the car... I'll get this out of the "welcome" section after this...

Here is everything I have on the car - I don't see the massaging seats on this list! They're pretty sweet!

The mileage is probably 12xxx now.

Per dealership guy in Florida...

You must emphasize “Super Sport” and active “Jaguar Select” Warranty

Vehicle Description:
XJL Supersport, Jaguar Certified, 5.0L V8 DOHC Supercharged Gen III, Black, and Jet w/Soft-Grain Leather Seat Trim. Impeccable condition! You are looking at an outstanding 2011 Jaguar XJ that we are proud to say is in absolutely great condition. Jaguar Certified Pre-Owned means you not only get the reassurance of up to a 6yr/100,000 mile limited warranty, but also a 140-point inspection/reconditioning, 24/7 roadside assistance, trip-interruption services, rental car benefits, and a vehicle history report. This fantastic XJ is the car with everything you'd expect from Jaguar, and THEN some.

Features and Options: (obviously not the 1 owner part anymore)
1-OWNER CLEAN CARFAX!

20 Speakers

4-Wheel Disc Brakes

ABS brakes

AM/FM radio

Active Cruise Control

Adaptive suspension

Air conditioning

All-Leather Steering Wheel

Alloy Wheels

Anti-whiplash front head restraints

Auto tilt-away steering wheel

Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror

Auto-dimming door mirrors

Auto-dimming headlights

Auto-leveling suspension

Automatic temperature control

Blind spot sensor

Bowers & Wilkins 1200W 20 Speaker Sound System

Brake assist

Bumpers: body-color

CD player

DVD-Audio

Delay-off headlights

Distance-Pacing Cruise Control

Driver door bin

Driver vanity mirror

Dual front impact airbags

Dual front side impact airbags

Electronic Stability Control

Four wheel independent suspension

Front Bucket Seats

Front Center Armrest

Front Heated/Cooled Bucket Seats

Front anti-roll bar

Front dual zone A/C

Front reading lights

Fully automatic headlights

Garage door transmitter: HomeLink

Head restraints memory

Headlight cleaning

Heated door mirrors

Heated front seats

Heated rear seats

Heated steering wheel

High-Intensity Discharge Headlights

Illuminated entry

Leather Steering Wheel

Low tire pressure warning

MP3 decoder

Memory seat

Navigation System

Occupant sensing airbag

Outside temperature display

Overhead Console

Overhead airbag

Panic alarm

Passenger door bin

Passenger vanity mirror

Power Steering

Power adjustable front head restraints

Power door mirrors

Power driver seat

Power moonroof

Power passenger seat

Power windows

Radio data system

Radio: Bowers & Wilkins 1200W Premium Sound System

Rain sensing wipers

Rear Air Conditioning

Rear Window Blind

Rear anti-roll bar

Rear dual zone A/C

Rear fog lights

Rear reading lights

Rear seat center armrest

Rear window defroster

Remote keyless entry

Security System

Semi Aniline Leather Seat Trim

Speed control

Speed-sensing steering

Steering wheel memory

Steering wheel mounted audio controls

Sun blinds

Tachometer

Telescoping steering wheel

Tilt steering wheel

Traction Control

Trip computer

Turn signal indicator mirrors

Variably intermittent wipers

Ventilated front seats

Ventilated rear seats

Other...
Condition:
Certified pre-owned: To qualify for certified pre-owned status, vehicles must meet strict age, mileage, and inspection requirements established by their manufacturers. Certified pre-owned cars are often sold with warranty, financing and roadside assistance options similar to their new counterparts. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition
VIN: SAJWA2JC7BMV07311 | See the full History Report
Year: 2011 Warranty: Vehicle has an existing warranty
Make: Jaguar Vehicle Title: Clear
Model: XJ Options: CD Player
Trim: L Supersport Sedan 4-Door Power Options: Power Windows
Engine: 5.0L 5000CC V8 GAS DOHC Supercharged For Sale By:
Drive Type: RWD Vehicle Inspection: Inspected (include details in your description)
Mileage: 11,256 Number of Doors: 4
Sub Model: XJL Super Body Type: Sedan
Exterior Color: Black Number of Cylinders: 8
Interior Color: Black Fuel Type: GAS

Old 06-08-2014 | 09:07 PM
|

Have car fax in hand too...

Old 06-09-2014 | 07:26 AM

Guess Im a little confused, she bought it as a certified pre owned ? Because if that's the case then its just a used car that was certified pre owned. Not trying to be negative but you can only buy a CPO car from a dealer. If it is that's a good thing but then how many miles were on it when she bought it? How long has she had it ? I don't remember but why is she selling it ? At this price point most people have more questions than on a 10K Chevy.

FYI, I see the listing shows 11,256 and your saying over 12K now...... did she buy it with 11,256 ? I would wonder why someone would buy a car and then sell it after just 700 miles.

Last edited by John Fox; 06-09-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2014 | 10:22 AM
|

Sorry if that was confusing. That was a cut and paste from the listing when she bought it.

Long story short, she and her boyfriend bought it and he passed away before the car was delivered. The car is in her name only and has a clear title.

12k on the clock now. She bought it CPO (of course it wouldn't be now) at 11xxx miles.

I should have clarified more regarding the cut and paste of her email.

Old 06-23-2014 | 04:55 AM
GGG

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Tim.

Graham