New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012 | 09:12 AM
|
Default Intro

Just saying hello. Not a Jaguar owner yet, but soon, looking at an 02 or 03 X-type. Hopefully buy before the end of the month. Learning a lot about these cars from this forum.

Old 10-10-2012 | 11:03 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum 02xtype,

Good to hear you're finding useful information here on the X-Type.

Hope the search proves successful and you are soon posting again to tell us you have become an owner.

Graham

Old 10-10-2012 | 06:22 PM

Welcome to the forum 02xtype,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-10-2012 | 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard, good to have you here with us here at JF
Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 10-11-2012 | 09:29 AM
|

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be the new owner of a 2002 X-Type, British Racing Green with all the options (including Nav.). It has 214000 KM on it, original owner with full service records!

Old 10-12-2012 | 04:59 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome! Check out the Canadian forum, the link is in my signature. We have plenty of Ontario members.

Old 11-05-2012 | 09:53 AM
|

Finally I can proudly say I'm a Jag owner. This past Friday I picked up a 2004 X-Type 3.0L (I know I need to change my user name). I have pics to post once I figure out how. It has 155000 km on it, one owner, no accidents, engine tranny and drive train all seem in great shape, no unusual noise at all. Drove the car from Toronto to Windsor and i was a very pleasant and uneventful trip. The car is impecable on the inside, the almost white leather seems brand new. I hope I can keep it looking this good. The exterior has a few scratches here and there but still very good for the mileage. Over all, extremely happy with the latest addition to our stable. I will now update my signature and try to find out how to change my user name without starting a new account (if possible).

Old 11-05-2012 | 10:15 AM
GGG

Congratulations on the 04 X-Type. Around a 360 Km journey home to Windsor? Good distance to get to know it and show up any issues.

You can't change your own User name and I don't have the rights to do it either. If it's possible, the only person who will be able to make the change is Admin Jim. I'll send him a PM to find out.

Enjoy the X-Type.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
02xtype (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012 | 12:50 PM
|

Trying to post pics through a quick reply did not show the attachment icon, so I learned something new today. Anyhow, here are a few pics at the dealer's lot. I'll post some later this week after I give her a wash.

Intro-x-type-front.jpg

Intro-x-type-rear.jpg

Intro-x-type-interior.jpg

Last edited by GGG; 11-05-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Enlarge Pics
Old 11-05-2012 | 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Very nice, I like the colour.

Old 11-05-2012 | 12:59 PM
GGG

(I've enlarged the pics for a closer look)

Looks in good condition.
Exhaust trim tips need a polish.

Graham

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi & welcome aboard, Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Nice lookin ride thanks for sharing.
I'd be nervous with it parked in such close proximity to all the other vehicles though.......presumably that was as you bought it at the dealer?

I can help with a name change but 04xtype is already in use.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Old 11-05-2012 | 09:30 PM
|

Originally Posted by JimC64

Hi & welcome aboard, Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

Nice lookin ride thanks for sharing.
I'd be nervous with it parked in such close proximity to all the other vehicles though.......presumably that was as you bought it at the dealer?

I can help with a name change but 04xtype is already in use.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Thanks a lot folks for all the welcomes and help. This site has already been great help with the decision making process and the reason for purchasing an 04 instead of the original 02 I was checking out earlier. I've read a lot so far and got myself familiar with site already. Great site by the way and a bunch of very helpful guys here. I'm sure to enjoy it.

Old 11-16-2012 | 03:40 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to post a question regarding a 2004 xtype, and thanking someone who gave me great advice on fixing a headlight on same. How do I do. I have posted before but forgot how, esp starting a new thread. Basically, my check engine light does not work and the mechanic says I have to buy an entire dashboard/gauge unit for $1,100. What happened to replacing a bulb?? Last time I asked Jag for help replacing a bulb in headlamp, similar answer, have to buy the entire headlamp unit. Helpful forum member walked me through that so I could do it myself and save mucho bucks. Thanks for help; now I gotta find out where your reply will be posted.