New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Intro and help request!!!! please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Intro and help request!!!! please!!!!!!

Hi guys,

I'm luke, 30, west Yorkshire - usually drive the XF business 2012 (came with all the kit I wanted, plus the last owner added the updated sound system). It's currently in with EGR valve issues which I hear is quite common due to short cold start journeys.

However, here begins my plea for advice, I have driven away an XE courtesy car in the R-Sport trim and a head turning shade of blue, I will add a pic once the sun is back tomorrow! Which nicely leads us to the problem, after pressing every button, searching every menu, even reading the destruction manual, I cannot get the air conditioning blowers to work... The lights are there when you press the fan up and fan down buttons, but nothing... So I resort to opening the window and suddenly a blast of artic air emanates from the dash!!! Maybe it just needed to warm up first (or cool down depending on how you look at it)!!! So I close the window, pleased at my ability to fix something which wasn't actually broken in the first, when the air con goes back into asthmatic mode!

I tested this a number of times, and each time the same issue. I have tried resetting the windows to see if that solved the issue but unfortunately wasn't that simple. Not a fuse since it works with the windows open. Tried all window switches and only driver and passenger activates the air con!

Any ideas on other quick fixes I could try? Or has anyone else experienced this mysterious phenomena?!

(other than hang out of the window with the Scooby doo look, I'm a bit stumped)

Old 05-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,285 Likes on 5,418 Posts

Nothing is more frustrating than 5000 multifunction "buttons!" How do they expect you to keep your mind on the road with this kind of stuff cluttering up the cabin??

Someone will be along soon to direct you to the correct section where you can get help for this and any other problem you have.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 05-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, appreciate the response!

Don't get me wrong, I love my XF, its such a nice and relaxed interior, reminiscent of the jaguar of old, with the touch of oak and masses of leather! But what have they done with the XE?! Not sure if you have the manual version in the US, but really usefully, every time you change into 3rd, you catch the fan up button too - maybe this was conscious so that you could check it was still working!!! It's really nicely thought out when you move from an auto to a manual as well, it has 6 gears but they have usefully put the centre console directly behind your elbow so that you can only actually use 3 of them anyway!!!

I'm sure I will fall in love with it once I learn to live with the niggles for a few days, but initial impressions make me long for the old XF to come back home ☹

Old 05-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,861 Posts

Welcome aboard.

The following users liked this post:
Luke Purkis (05-16-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 02:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Luke,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Members in the X760 forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/) will be able to satisfy your curiosity about the AC.

For your own vehicle, follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/ to the X250 forum for help, advice and information.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-eire-68/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 05-17-2017, 04:58 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 AM
Received 4,299 Likes on 3,716 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Received 6,321 Likes on 5,508 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Luke,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help