New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Intro and a little help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace my battery now the battery light came on in 2004 XJ8 a while ago. Rear turn signals, brake lights and heater fan stopped working. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it, things worked for a while but stopped after a week. Water got into the wheel well at some point before all this started happening I drained it and things just progressively get worse. I have searched the net high and low and cannot find a possible place to start or solution ....Any all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. New to this forum not sure how to retrieve answers from here
email

Last edited by GGG; 07-08-2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Merge duplicated threads
Old 07-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Default Intro and a little help please

Just recently retired Electrical Inspector. Got a little time on my hands, My daughter purchased a 2004 XJ8 at an auction and decided she didn't want it so I bought it from her. Didn't realize so much work needed to be done to get it running but once I did, I fell in love with it,
Just recently water got into the wheel well and now the battery light stays on, rear signals and stop lights don't flash or light up . The parking assist beeper activates in Park when the garage door is closed and the climate control fan stopped working,,,,I'm at a loss here fellas. I've looked on line for manuals for this vehicle...no luck. Any thoughts about where and how to begin to fix this latest problems would sure be appreciated....The nearest jag mech is too far away and I usually like to tinker and do things myself.

TNSeattle

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,160 Likes on 815 Posts

Battery light will come on if the alternator is not charging. Did a wire get loosened somehow during the battery change?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,463 Likes on 5,466 Posts

I'm sorry you got a car that needs such a lot of attention. However, once you get it all sorted out you'll be rewarded.

Someome will be along soon to direct you to our XJ8 section where members can help you will all your Jaguar problems.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Received 4,054 Likes on 2,909 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by TNSeattle
....... Just recently water got into the wheel well ......
Welcome to the forum TNSeattle,

(I've merged your 3 separate Intro threads)

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

That sounds like the root cause of your electrical issues. You need to identify what got wet and the resulting damage. Sounds like the rear park module for a start.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-x350-x358-28/ to the X350 forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Northwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-northwest-64/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 07-08-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:06 AM
Received 10,583 Likes on 6,991 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:19 AM

I checked the battery connections. Sprayed and cleaned everything I saw with electrical contact cleaner. Disconnected the battery for a short while to reboot. The climate control fan came back on and so did the brake and turn signal lights for a about 5 days and then it started all over again. The battery light was still on but the cascade of events started with the fan stopped working and then rear signals,the brake lights and the parking assist rear beeper whenever anything in close proximity approached with any gear. Also noticed that the fan stopped blowing when the vehicle was placed in reverse gear.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Received 4,331 Likes on 3,741 Posts

welcome to the forum

Old 07-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Received 6,357 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums TNSeattle,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help