New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Introducing my sons S type Jaguar 2000

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introducing my sons S type Jaguar 2000

Also introducing myself as an Englishman who came to the US 1985 with my wife and two children.

My wife became an American citizen to complete a childhood dream and I and my wife were able to purchase our first and only Jag in 2010 for my son. It is an "S' Type 3.0 2000 and fully loaded and bought in Seattle, Washington.

It still runs like 'top' even with 140,000 miles of which my son put 39.000 miles. The price was right and through my wife and I O.T.R. trucking were able to pay the $5650 for the car in cash.

I personally, being a working class man never thought I would ever have a Jag whilst I was in England but now I can say I have one to take care of. It is Ruby red hence it is called 'Ruby'!!

This particular Jaguar was made in Coventry, Great Britain which did rather please me even though we have tried to buy stuff made in America. (very difficult to do that now however) Our other vehicle is a Windstar Van and we have put over 260,000 miles on it and it is still going strong, third transmission!

Anyway that is my intro and my interest is in 'S" Type Jaguars, 3.0, 2000 and the maintenance thereof.

Last edited by JimC64; 12-20-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: LINE BREAKS ADDED
Old 12-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

The following users liked this post:
tjmcbor (12-21-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums tjcmbor,

Good to have you with us.
If you need any tech help or advice head this way S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and don't neglect the regional section Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

tjmcbor (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum tjmcbor,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar Forums.

Follow Norri's link to the S-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

tjmcbor (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum and the Jag family - plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Norri has provided and enjoy!!

tjmcbor (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 164 Posts

Hello & welcome , I'm afraid there is very liitle left of Auto manufacturing in Coventry ( Britains original Motown ) Standard , Triumph , Riley , Healy , Peugeot /Talbot , Jaguar, LandRover all long gone or moved else where under new ownership. However there is a very good Motoring Heritage Centre / Museum telling the story of past glories !!

tjmcbor (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Default A personal thanks

I do appreciate the enthusiasm with which you gentlemen, that is, Jim64, Norri, GGG, sklimii and Fivespeed resulting in a very warm welcome I feel to your jaguarforums.

I see some Scots, (I have a Scots ancestry, one is Duncan and another is Shaw) another North of me in Durham which I have visited many years ago, I being a Yorkshireman, and another being further South near Bristol and the next last gentleman here in the US in N.Carolina hope I have got that right.

I am in Florida, living in a small town of Mims out in the boonies somewhat, yet close to the Interstate 95.

Thanks Jim64 for demonstrating the the use of line breaks early on and another thanks for the advice from GGG regarding the Cp button etc. And the advice from others and the info about the museum of past motor glory days.

All I have to do now is work these things out which I will I as I get more conversant with the procedures and know hows and help. Thanks

Finally let me take this opportunity of wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

I hope I have not collided with 'protocol' and if so 'happy holidays'.

Cheers
Thomas

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums tjcmbor,

Good to have you with us.
If you need any tech help or advice head this way S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and don't neglect the regional section Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Five Speed (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Default An oopsy to sklimii!

Sorry sklimii, you are from South Carolina, my son in law's mother lives in Greenville, S Carolina.