New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Introducing my XF Sportbrake 3 L, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing my XF Sportbrake 3 L, 2013

I have a 2013 XF Sportbrake , 3 litre.

Couldn't be happier with it as a drive and for the function of the back space.

The power available is just brilliant. not needed most of the time but available for a zoom when necessary. also takes heavy loads without noticing.
even had 300 kg of tiles in the back once. as they were loaded the suspension didn't budge, and similarly when driving, it felt like normal.

I ordered it with all the extras I wanted, then a cancellation was made available with all i wanted plus more.
I would not have ordered the heated steering, wing-mirror radar or towbracket, but was very pleased to get them for almost nothing.
Was tempted by the low profile alloys, but that was a mistake: so many damaged rims and punctures because of pot-holes round here.

satnav unit is clunky , but that is widely acknowledged. The database was also at least 5 years out of date, which was unpardonable. worst was a length of motorway through Glasgow, completed 4 years earlier and about 7 miles long : how could they justify not having that? After huge argument and refusing to pay £130 for a new one, i got them to supply an up-to-date memory upgrade stick (half from dealer and half from Jaguar apparently)

mpg is 39, with mostly country lanes and trunk roads. best is 56 if really coasting at about 60mph.

Issues.
Too big for my wife's liking. also to big in old car parks and especially in France.
Has always had an issue with auto gear change, often sticking in low gears when it should change up. dealer claimed this was a surprise, but turned off the paddles, which sorted it....so they knew really. (The same occurs on most courtesy cars, or is is it my driving?)
I had them reinstate the paddles and know to use them when the gears stick...mostly on damp chilly mornings.

The satnav currently defaults to Belgium. and has no memory. Another thing they don't seem to know much about.
I'm dreading the cost of a fix, or the inconvenience and trade-in effect of it not being fixed.
It's probably very simple, but perhaps not for a main dealer with only general knowledge.

Overall, brilliant car, just a shame they don't know how to fix these little things.

Previously had an S class, again 3 litre. had it about 6 years. lovely to drive again. had a new engine under warranty after a dramatic failure under acceleration. Aircon/heating was a problem, incl heating on full at times: not resolved by dealer but was by an independent.
Had this crazy feature of exhaust blowing over the engine to warm the tubes. Meant horrible fumes wafting around and people thinking the car was on fire.
Sale price disappointing.

Change car? Not a diesel again, now that we know the awful effects on air and asthma. Jaguar... we'll have to see.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:01 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dunmur,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/ to the X250 forum for help, advice and information.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-eire-68/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 08-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:26 AM
Received 4,005 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:36 AM
Received 4,326 Likes on 3,736 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:09 AM
Received 10,562 Likes on 6,975 Posts

Welcome.

I like the look of the Sportbrake, or Wagon, as we call them.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,440 Likes on 5,458 Posts

Welcome to the forums form ElinorB.
(';')