New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

A Jag Newb from Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A Jag Newb from Toronto

Hi - just a quick introduction... I bought a 2005 S-Type from a friend who was heading overseas last year. It came with a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty for a year which allowed me to run to the dealer any time I even suspected something was wrong. Those days are over... and now I'm starting to deal with the fact that I'm going to have to get under the hood a little before I hand the keys to my car and wallet to anyone. 20 days after the warranty expired the heating stays on all the time and I've been using the info on the site to at least get informed enough to APPEAR to not be an idiot when talking to the mechanic - and this forum has been invaluable (if not a little frightening with all the issues documented herein), though the mechanic knows full well where I've been getting all my info! I'm amazed by all the great advice that some of the elders provide. May I be as useful a resource one day... unless that knowledge comes from having to endlessly troubleshoot my (currently, mostly) sweet Jag!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:13 PM
GGG
Received 16,864 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum chtp66,

Good to hear you've found useful information here.

This probably means you already know your way around but if not, follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You may also like to visit the Canada Region section by following this link Canada, Mexico, South America - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your country.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
chtp66 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 4,312 Likes on 3,727 Posts

welcome to the forum and as you have seen - this is the motherload if info and support - don't let the amount of info overwhelm and certainly take advantage of the how-tos and support in the S type section of the forum - tons of great people and help readily available. enjoy

chtp66 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 05:16 PM

Thanks GGG. Yes, I've been using the forums for about 2 weeks to figure out where to find the JTIS, PDFs and all sorts of other useful stuff. Really invaluable.
Cheers,
Chris

Old 04-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

Welcome to the forum Chris,

Good to have you with us.
So it's probably old news that your heater problem is most likely the DCCV possibly combined with the control module.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:54 PM

Hi Norri,
Yes - that's old news! I have it with a Jag Tech who thinks my problem is a blending actuator that may be burning out because the interior of the heater box is warped (some plastic in there?)... We'll see what his diagnosis is. I keep asking him about the DCCV and the CCM (are you sure? you checked both?) to the point of annoying him! He's clearly experienced with Jags... and I'm at best a tinkerer. I'll wait to see what his diagnosis is on Monday. But thanks for the pointer!
Cheers,
Chris

Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 PM

Hmm, ok, but if the valve is closed so not heating the core the heater can't blow hot.
If you want to kick the ball around start a thread in the tech section.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by chtp66
Hi - just a quick introduction... I bought a 2005 S-Type from a friend who was heading overseas last year. It came with a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty for a year which allowed me to run to the dealer any time I even suspected something was wrong. Those days are over... and now I'm starting to deal with the fact that I'm going to have to get under the hood a little before I hand the keys to my car and wallet to anyone. 20 days after the warranty expired the heating stays on all the time and I've been using the info on the site to at least get informed enough to APPEAR to not be an idiot when talking to the mechanic - and this forum has been invaluable (if not a little frightening with all the issues documented herein), though the mechanic knows full well where I've been getting all my info! I'm amazed by all the great advice that some of the elders provide. May I be as useful a resource one day... unless that knowledge comes from having to endlessly troubleshoot my (currently, mostly) sweet Jag!
Welcome from a fellow Ontario resident and S-type owner. Enjoy the site!

JimC64 (04-29-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey
Welcome from a fellow Ontario resident and S-type owner. Enjoy the site!
Thanks Mikey. Perth... I used to live in Brockville. We were once almost neighbours.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Norri
Hmm, ok, but if the valve is closed so not heating the core the heater can't blow hot.
If you want to kick the ball around start a thread in the tech section.
Thanks Norri. I'm going to give my jag tech guy a couple of days to dig into it and if unresolved I'll start a new thread.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM

Sounds good, let us know how it goes, blend door problems are like hens teeth on the S not so on the X Types.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums Chris.

Glad we could help with some of your issues and that you enjoy the site.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM

To close out this thread on my heater problem: it was the DCCV/CCM after all. The Jag tech pulled a B1265 code which pointed to a cold air bypass blend door actuator fault, was going to pull the dash apart to get at it but I didn't give him time. Turns out that was a red herring as the 2005 S-Type doesn't have one but the CCM firmware wasn't updated to reflect that, so will always return that DTS code. My local dealer diagnosed the DCCV/CCM issue and quoted me $2700 to replace the DCCV and the CCM.
I ended up doing the repair to the CCM and DCCV replacement myself:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...t-fault-94932/
If there's one thing I've (re)learned during this exercise, it is to treat dealer techs and Jag techs as I would a doctor: take nothing as fact, question the hell out of them, and do your own research! And this site has proven totally invaluable for that, many thanks to the people who contribute.

Last edited by chtp66; 05-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Thanks