New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar Brand 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013 | 05:07 PM
|
Default Jaguar Brand 2013

I am new too the Jaguar Brand "yes I am a salesmen at the dealership" more importantly I want to get to know the brand. More so than just meeting customers, I have a wealth of knowlege of the car business from the front to the back but not a whole lot about the Jaguar brand.I like where the vehicle designs are going does anyone else?

Old 02-22-2013 | 05:25 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum JaguarAnnapolis,

You're a salesmen at the dealership.

Don your Flame Suit and prepare for battle!

The question of where Jaguar is going is interesting a lot of members here. I've yet to see an indicative statement of intent from Tata on investment or future model development.

You'll probably mainly be interested in current models so follow this link XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XF/XFR section and this link XK / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to XK/XKR section for information.

You may also like to visit the US Mid Atlantic Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-atlantic-md-va-dc-de-wv-65/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 02-22-2013 | 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarAnnapolis
I am new too the Jaguar Brand "yes I am a salesmen at the dealership" more importantly I want to get to know the brand. More so than just meeting customers, I have a wealth of knowlege of the car business from the front to the back but not a whole lot about the Jaguar brand.I like where the vehicle designs are going does anyone else?
Selling them is A LOT different than owning one!! But I admire your bravery and honesty being up front and admiting you are "one of them"

I think you will find 2 schools of thought, those that love the new brand / look and those that hate it.

I am of the those that hate it group. I think they have lost alot of what made a Jaguar a Jaguar. The new XF (which had outplaced my ever so loved STR) looks like any other car on the market. Infact if you take a new Mercedes, BMW, TOYOTA CAMRY or Honda Accord line them up same color all with tinted windows so you cant see the interiors and debadge them... It would be difficult at best to tell them apart...

A word of advice learn to be empathetic right up front, I know myself I have a love hate relationship with my local dealer, who would love to sell me a brand new $90K XFR to replace my aging STR but as I told the last sales guy while I was sipping on the free coffee in my lounge chair in the waiting room... Its not even the $90K price tag that bothers me as much as it is the lost identity of the newer models.

I am sure others may disagree and to each his / her own, but seriously who wants a $90K Camry look alike??

Old 02-22-2013 | 06:17 PM

Welcome to the forum JaguarAnnapolis,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-22-2013 | 07:21 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Jaguar direction

Hey, Good to see a salesman so enthusiastic about his brand. In my opinion RWD, single clutch transmission, and manual transmissions are history for upper end sport and GT cars. With the arrival of the Nissan GTR in 2009 on American shores, the bar has been raised for sports cars and GT cars like the XKR. Manual transmission sales on Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are down to a trickle and will be special order only. Dual clutch transmissions are a must and are just as smooth as old single clutch but much faster. Stability controlled AWD has tuned the GTR in a monster and out performs cars like the Porsche 911 turbo S in speed and handling and is under half the price. Put the GTR drive train and electronics in the F-type and I'll be in line for one. I don't understand why Jaguar came out with a new sports car with old technology (RWD, single clutch transmission)--it doesn't get me excited. I guess they are trying to save production costs. If Nissan updates the GTR looks and interior I'm getting in one. If Jaguar updates their drive train and electronics I'm getting in a new Jaguar. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2011 XKR 175 and the attention it gets which I would never get in a Nissan GTR. If I also had the handling ability, AWD, and quickness of the Nissan GTR I would never leave Jaguar. I have no loyalty to car brand only respect for the innovation and raising the bar.

Old 02-23-2013 | 10:51 AM
|
Default Thank you for the welcome

Just want to say I am here to learn and better myself, I plan on being in this business all my life and I do not want to do anything else. I have a pasion for cars and people, so I get the best of both worlds here..

I love the Nissan GTR Wow what a car, very impressive. I am a big fan of the right hand drive skyline as well.

I would agree the XF design is very simular to an everyday market vehicle lines not being much of an individual like the past vehicles.

Sat in the new F type the other day at the auto show. Why a sports car? I have to assume market attraction as we call it the LOT CANDY.. Get people in not entry leval just a stab at an exciting car.

I heard a story the other day while I was in 2013 Range Rover Training about tata motors you may find interesting. They bought Jaguar and Land Rover for 2 Billion and so far I am told they have invested 18 Billion in the company. I feel they are investing that much capital because they are commited to long term unlike past owners.

I got to tell you though the gov regulations on fuel econmy hold on to your hats I feel the v8 is on its way out, really sucks. and Diesel will become the new norm. I like the tourque in the diesel but not the sound.
Had to make the comments short. Please lets keep it going thoughts on diesel??

Old 02-23-2013 | 11:08 AM

Living on the other side of the bridge from Annapolis, you are my closet dealership. My only experience was an intro for me to the XKR 09' conv. you guys still have.
All was good, salesman I met with was very nice and honest in his answers. Didnt buy, but very pleased with what I did. Myself and two friends all purchased Jags (10' XKR, 10' XFR and mine)
so hopefully our visits are simple service only!
I'll be over in a couple months for yearly service and look forward to meeting you.
Mark

Last edited by chakka; 02-23-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2013 | 07:48 AM
|
Default Hi Mark

That is great news I look forward to meeting you as well, if for some reason I can schedule a service appointment for you or order any parts for you please do not hesitate to call me as a second point of contact at the dealership. I also wanted to put this out there, TO ALL JAGUAR OWNERS the whats up annapolis magazine does a vote for the best service department and if you are happy with are service department please vote for us we are trying to beat Lexus!!!!
And this goes with out saying our master tech Dave Watkins and I have known each other for a while if I can pick his brain on an issue or two please advise me... This goes for everybody..

I welcome any great discusions on any cars.

Old 02-25-2013 | 08:10 AM
|
Default Faebook, smiling customers and new trades etc

I have decided when I was first hired at the dealership to give people insight into what a sales person at the dealership gets to do, trade ins that come in before they hit the market, training pics of new product and the meetings we attend, and new owners that puchase from me and how they are satisfied. I am looking for feedback check it out.
"LIKE" WILL TATE at Jaguar Land Rover Annapolis

Old 02-26-2013 | 08:12 PM
Veteran Member

Hi & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................