New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar The Dream Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar The Dream Car

Like most of you Jaguar was always my "dream car." As I got up in age and wealth this objective became reality. Mine is a light/sky blue that has all that I need for my driving. All the work since I put it on the road has been done by local dealers only. Nobody but "factory trained mechanics" have ever touched the car.

As an aside, one topic I would like to touch on. The dealer where I bought the car has always risen to the occasion...while under warrenty at 35M miles the engine had problems. Rather then take a "band aid" approach to fix the problem, the dealer put in an entirely new factory produced engine at a cost to the company of $17,500.00. So even though the odometer says 60M miles the engine only has 25M on it. This episode impressed me because at other car companies I doubt that they would have gone that far to fix the problem and honor the warrenty. Some thing not thought about is the quality of dealership you get with this brand of car.

Also believe, the car is smarter then the driver, as it is engineered to force the driver to correct a situation by dening the driver the information the driver wants. The first time the window washer fluid went out the informatin screen virtually went blank. So after numerous calls for help after driving the car for only a few weeks, this driver stopped, put the fluid in and got the car back to normal. Can just see the engineers designing the car's systems by saying we will get them to do our will.

Don't want to sound like a "poster child" for this car but sure wouldn't mind the gig either...thanks for reading - Bernie from Tenafly NJ.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bernie,

Good to have you with us.
35M, Thats a lot of miles Bernie!
You didn't tell us what model you have.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Received 1,423 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Hi Bernie and welcome to the forum.

As you begin to explore the site feel free to drop into the NE Regional page. The link is included below.

Enjoy! Anthony

Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Bernie, welcome to this very friendly forum.
Tell us more about the car and please include those details and a pic in your signature.
Enjoy being a member.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Bernie,

Good advice above from Norri, Anthony and Steve.

You're clearly impressed with the marque and your dealer. Now what we really need to know is which Jaguar model you have.

Graham

Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

Bernie, welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Really nice intro, thanks for sharing, now post a few pics !

Also, please drop in and visit the regional section for your area, there are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Wow! what a friendly welcome...finally people to talk to besides my wife about the XJ/07....All the Best Bernie from Tenafly NJ.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Arrow Getting Settled In

Thanks again for the warm welcome to this very sophisticated site..drive a XJ/07,light blue or sky blue outside and light beige interior. Car is detailed twice a year and looks NEW. Most time at fancy affairs it gets parked "upfront" with those "other guys." The engine has only 25M miles on it as the original engine was replace at 35M miles. The "body" and other working parts have 60M miles on them. Have followed the "scheduled maintenace using a dealer only for the last nearly six years. Still get 29-30 highway MPG and in the low 20's around town. Pep,power, still thrilled to be involved with the car. Even my wife who admitted that although she was against buying the car(one of those point A to B transportation only types) now begrudingly agrees to how "wonderful" the Jag is to ride in,etc.

One quick question,a few years back when I first got the car there was no specific gasoline recommended. After trying different grades and brands settled on Sonoco 93-94 as the one to go with. When I shared this information with the dealer/service folks they claimed that this was the brand/grade that Jaguar recommended. Am I alone on this one or do most devotes use the same gas/grade? What has been other's experiences....
looking forward to "being involved" Bernie from Tenafly NJ.......

Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Bernie,

If you ask that question on the XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section, you'll get plenty of advice and opinion from US members on the best grade.

Just to make you feel real smug about fuel costs in the US, I'm paying £1.35 per litre here in the UK which is the equivalent of $8.47 per US gallon.

Graham

Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Welcome, Bernie.

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the information. We all have our preference and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed great experiences with your dealer. Mine was just the opposite situation. I joined a local Jaguar Club and one of my first quetions was; "who would you recommend as a mechanic?" I found a gentlemen who owns a gas station and he is great! I drive 66 miles one way even for an oil change and I have no problem doing so. My car went to two dealers and I don't even want to go down that path. This mechanic is a 25 year certified Jaguar Mechanic and uses only Jaguar fluids (were applicable/appropriate). But, I would not take my vehicle to just any mechanic which is what I believe you were saying (also). Again, welcome and have fun! Bill
2003 Jaguar X Type 2.5
17" x 7" Flute Rims
Heated Seats
Dual Power Seats
Navigation
Back Up Sensors
BRG or Emerald (you call the shot)

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar The Dream Car-gedc1202-web-size-cropped.jpg