New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar S Type Auto Gearbox Jerking

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jaguar S Type Auto Gearbox Jerking

Hie all, I'm new to this forum and am a proud owner of a 2003 Automatic Jag S-Type V6. The car has been a joy to drive and my wife and kid are completely besotted with it.

The problem I've recently started having with the car (progressively so over the past month) is that when I accelerate normally the car appears to choke and jerks; almost as if it struggles to engage quickly through the gears. Easing off the accelerator and applying the lightest of acceleration seems to help. This has also started happening when the speedo goes over 50mph; the car jerks as it tries to go over that speed.

I always leave the engine to warm up before driving and there if no gearbox fault light on the dash. I'm quite frustrated by it and am hoping someone out there could provide me with some invaluable information and help me save money before I just rush into seeking a gearbox change. Please help!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Received 6,312 Likes on 5,499 Posts

Welcome to the forum Cyberjag,

Good to have you with us.
Post up your questions in the S Type section S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum this section is really just for intros.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,853 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum CyberJag,

Congratulation of the S-Type. The besotted wife and kids must have been an unexpected bonus as these don't appear in the 2003 MY Accessory Brochure.

Before going all 'doom and gloom' post this tech question in S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section for help and advice.

Graham

Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi CyberJag & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

saounds like you may have the "Lurch" issue......well documented in the S type section how to thread iirc.
I could be wrong but depending on age / mileage etc it may be that a trans fluid change will help, the S typers will know much more than I and be able to better help...........please check out the S type section for the best results

Please post up pics when you can and show her off some.
How to: Post pictures
How To Add Pictures In Your Messages

Also, please drop in and visit the regional section for your area, there are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for the quick response. Too right Graham....I'm just hoping the love affair between my family and the jag will continue into the forseable future. I'll surely post the issue in the S-type section and hopefully someone will have an answer for me.