New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar s type spark plug info

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Jaguar s type spark plug info

I changed my spark plugs a few days back but was only able to change the passenger sid plugs because two nuts on the driver side where stripped in attemps to remove them. So I just decided to change the passenger side ones. My car was fine for two days, the next morning the engine check light came on. what could have caused this? could it be the plugs that I put in? I put in autolite xp plugs I gaped them correctly and all. Or maybe because I had the autolite xp and the jaguar oe plugs in? Or maybe the autolite xp plugs arent for my jag? I bought them from autozone they looked it up in there system and it came up so I bought them. when the light came on I took it to get a diagnostic reading and it cam up with about 7 codes. can't remember what they where but a few said the whole passenger side where missfiring. can anybody tell me whats going on? The car Runs great I know it's not missfiring so the plugs might have thrown the computer off. What type off plugs are best for these cars? what type of plug are the oe jaguar plugs? Im looking for plugs that will increase fuel economy and acceleration I was thinking about getting me some super platinum bosch spark plugs.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey .. welcome to the forum.

remember this tread is only for introduction, to have info of what you need replied, you need to post to the S type forum tread.

don't forget to edit the model, year etc of your vehicle.

take care

Old 02-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum David. Just my opinion but if you fitted the correct type of plug as per their catalogue then you should be OK. Brand is not an issue for me.

Check all your wiring connections, you did put them back in the right place?

Stripped nuts, are you just talking about the engine cover, or the plugs themselves?

Post your questions over in the S Type section.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum David,

It's unlikely (not impossible) to be the plugs, I'd suspect something on the wiring or connections as the codes are for the side you changed.

Please post in the S Type section with full details of your car and the codes.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi david, welcome aboard one of the friendliest sites around

good to have you here with us

+1 on Kapitans good advice....this thread is just really an intro. For the best advise try the S type section

There's some great guys / techs here and always plenty going on, great info and usually plenty of banter.

I've manually upgaded you to full forum access so jump right in and enjoy

Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

I would suggest that you re-post your questions under the s-type section of this forum to get the info you need. As for the codes you need to know what they are. Next time write them down they are an important part of your trouble shooting your problem.