New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar - What are your opinions?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar - What are your opinions?!

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.0 KB

Hey there MBA n welcome to the forum, which I hope you enjoy.

Why not get together a few critical questions that you can ask and then let everyone who wants to add their own comments to those?

Good luck

Jim

Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: MBAjaguar

I go to Suffolk University in Boston, and my class is Global Branding and Communications. We are three girls
Awesome, coeds..[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome and there're many things ....Design,comfort,engine,leather,wood trims

Old 10-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi and welcome. An opinion froma girl on Jaguars is - they are seen for their quality, style and performance. There is no other car that has the same quality ofinteriors I know of.

Space, pace and Grace.... I think they used to say

Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Get some specific questions together. You will not want for opinions here.

I believe the X-type was an attempt to draw the younger crowd. It's interesting that Jaguar will drop the line in the US market. The XF is a departure from traditional Jaguar styling.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pesonally.....I spend $30k on a car and yea,I have a problem with it,Do ya know how many fast bikes I can get for $30k!.....

So.....I spend the money and guess what,$30k gets ya what every other Tom,Dick and Harry are driving,I looked at the mustangs
but everyone has em....I looked at the Subaru WRX and everyone has them......We looked at RX8's and everyone has them,For our
money we wanted some class,Some style and something that not every other bloke in the street was gonna have....The Jag
does all the above and for a good few dollars less.....We paid $23k for a 2006 with less than 1600miles on it,Its an tremendous motor for the money!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: force

Pesonally.....I spend $30k on a car and yea,I have a problem with it,Do ya know how many fast bikes I can get for $30k!.....

So.....I spend the money and guess what,$30k gets ya what every other Tom,Dick and Harry are driving,I looked at the mustangs
but everyone has em....I looked at the Subaru WRX and everyone has them......We looked at RX8's and everyone has them,For our
money we wanted some class,Some style and something that not every other bloke in the street was gonna have....The Jag
does all the above and for a good few dollars less.....We paid $23k for a 2006 with less than 1600miles on it,Its an tremendous motor for the money!
I traded my mustang for my XJ6 and I got a lot more than the mustang could have ever given me. A lot more power, more luxury, more space, etc etc.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:04 AM

Thanks guys!
We just put together a survey that we plan on sending out to various people...collect and analyze results. We have a lot of information on Jaguar...especially on the history. I am working on putting together the various campaigns over the years, specifically the Gorgeous campaign. Any thoughts on that? We also believe that people who love the classic Jaguars would probably never touch a new Jaguar. Does Tata plan on targeting the younger generation with a cool/hip/stylish car, or are they going to focus on the older, wealthier generation? Oh, so many questions, so little time
Thanks again!
Kim
I think that the Jaguar image was getting to stale so they revamped it to the Georgous campaign which I think was aiming at the younger generation with money and style.

I think people with the classic cars (one of which I have - a 1959 Mk9 Jaguar) have then as their collectors cars which come out only in good weather for the summer shows and then they would have a modern car as we have (an XJ8 Sov LWB) for their everyday car. So they would buy a new car and keep the old one as a toy.

We dont know what Tata are planning to do unless you work for them it is difficult to tell in which direction they will go. Ford launched the XF who were trying to bring the Jaguar up to date and aim for the mass market to compete with BMW, Merc and Audi.

I hope my views as a Jaguar owner for the past 13 years and we have had a selection of Jaguars during that time.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MBA why not call TATA Motors I am sure they know more about what thier plans arefor Jaguar than we folk that own them. You can also visit a dealer and ask for help if marketing is your field.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Sounds to me like you just started your job at a marketing firm. get off your butt and do some leg work.If you have gone to any Jag site or BMW site by just reading some of the threads you would get a feel of how we feel about our cars Some of your questions can only be answered by people on the inside and thats who you should be interviewing but, that would mean you would have to get out from behind your desk and do some work.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Let's see...because I am in charge of the marketing campaigns, I will ask questions related to that first...do you know of Jaguar's past or current marketing/advertising campaigns? I currently know of only 3 that have been used: the 2000 Sting's "The Desert Rose", the 2002 Clash's "London Calling", and the most recent "Gorgeous" campaign. Were there any others that you can think of? How do you feel like those marketing campaigns went over?
You say you are 'in charge of the marketing campaigns' for Jaguar or who??

You ask 'do you know of Jaguar's past or current marketing/advertising campaigns?' You need to contact Jaguar for that. I only see what is actually advertised and dont take that much notice of them to be quite honest.

I gave you my answers but you dont seem to be please to have got them. [&:]

So I wont be answering any more questions on this anymore.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 PM

I totaly agree with you Jags

Quick Reply: Jaguar - What are your opinions?!