New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Just another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012 | 03:44 PM
|
Default Just another new guy

Hello guys, My name is Terry and I just got my first Jaguar. Its a 1997 XJ6L.

I'm a long time car guy. For the most part I'm a Ford guy..Mustangs. I have always loved the look of a Jaguar. Well as of lately I had been on a search...ebay...Craigslist...newspaper. Checked craigslist last week and there was a 1997 XJ6L with 130K miles..

Call the guy and it was sold so I was told. Two days later the guy calls me back and ask if I'm still interested.

What could I say..$1100..I'm on the way. Come to find out the guy had left some money on the car and could not come up with the rest.

Spent today cleaning her up and checking thinks over. She needs a windshield as a tree limb had fell on it. She has a few small dents on the passenger side, nothing big. All the speakers are shot..lol..no tunes for me right now.

The clock dont work. Other than that she runs out perfect. I have to say the 4.0 inline surprised me with the amount power it has. Rides like a dream! I have to get use to where the power window switches are..a odd place to me. Here are a few pics.

Old 08-25-2012 | 05:51 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Terry,

Your XJ6 looks a well cared for example and is a lot of car for the money. Nothing too serious required in the 'to do' list.

Follow this link XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X300 section for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the Lower Atlantic Region section Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for other members and events in your region.

Enjoy the XJ6 and the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
fastoleman (08-26-2012)
Old 08-25-2012 | 09:06 PM

Welcome to the board!

What a find, some minor damage but only $1100. Amazing deal! Replace the windshield for say... $300, get some Dr. Colorchip for the scratches and you'll have a perfectly good used car.

With all the money you've saved, go nuts on the stereo. I'm envious!

Best of luck and know that we're always here to help in anyway we can. Enjoy your new car!

Old 08-26-2012 | 06:38 AM
|

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Terry,

Your XJ6 looks a well cared for example and is a lot of car for the money. Nothing too serious required in the 'to do' list.

Follow this link XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X300 section for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the Lower Atlantic Region section Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for other members and events in your region.

Enjoy the XJ6 and the forum.

Graham
Thanks Graham..I checked them out already. Very nice and clean forum. Checked out the "parts for sale" and found a few trim parts there,waiting for a reply. Done some reading on programming the memory seats.

Originally Posted by Fedoraja1
Welcome to the board!

What a find, some minor damage but only $1100. Amazing deal! Replace the windshield for say... $300, get some Dr. Colorchip for the scratches and you'll have a perfectly good used car.

With all the money you've saved, go nuts on the stereo. I'm envious!

Best of luck and know that we're always here to help in anyway we can. Enjoy your new car!
Yes sir, $250 installed for the windshield. Changed out the front door speakers yesterday. I have to say I love the fact that Jaguar used one style fastener. Not so many trips to the tool box..lol. My XJ has 5.25's in the doors. Thinking of how I can get a 6.5 in them. Also looking at adding a 8" or 10" sub. Dont really think it will work to good in the trunk with the fuel tank and other stuff there at the rear seat. I will post up what I come up with...O yeah a new head unit for sure!

Old 08-26-2012 | 06:59 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by fastoleman
Thanks Graham..I checked them out already. Very nice and clean forum. Checked out the "parts for sale" and found a few trim parts there,waiting for a reply. Done some reading on programming the memory seats.
Did you get the handbooks with the vehicle? These seem to go 'missing' in a lot of sales.

Graham

Old 08-26-2012 | 05:26 PM
|

Originally Posted by GGG
Did you get the handbooks with the vehicle? These seem to go 'missing' in a lot of sales.

Graham
No sir I did not. I have been looking around but no luck as of yet. Another thing that I have not been able to find is the radio install kit. Wiring/mounting kit. Going to post in the audio/video thread and see if I can get the info needed to replace the old unit and bring the audio system up to date.

Old 08-26-2012 | 06:53 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by fastoleman
No sir I did not. I have been looking around but no luck as of yet. Another thing that I have not been able to find is the radio install kit. Wiring/mounting kit. Going to post in the audio/video thread and see if I can get the info needed to replace the old unit and bring the audio system up to date.
There's was a link to download the Driver's Handbook as a PDF in the 'HOW TO' section but I've just tried it and it doesn't work!

Here's a link to the Handbook on my MediaFire account if you want to download it:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Graham

The following users liked this post:
fastoleman (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012 | 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi fastoleman & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Niuce intro, good info and a nice looking ride for not a lot of $$$$.......all good

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:51 PM

Welcome to the forum fastoleman,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.