New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Just bought a Super V8 after years of looking for the right jag

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just bought a Super V8 after years of looking for the right jag

Hello,

Looking forward to participating in the forums. I am a british vehicle enthusiast having a number of land rovers with a focus on NAS Defenders and am on my second lotus, an Exige S.

Recently acquired a Super V8 after years of looking for the right jag. After a number of false starts I determined that it had to be a Super V8 as I loved the Vanden Plas luxury and long wheel base (having been spoiled by my range rover classic LWB) and needed the supercharged power. After initially being reluctant to go with an X350, I decided I could live with the air suspension issues and other niggles in light of the lighter vehicle and improved interior space -- I found the earlier jags the emergency brake handle dug into my leg.

I am sure I paid to much, but she is perfect, and mine.

I am a die hard DIY person having replaced the motor in my elise and done everything imaginable to my rovers (chassis replacement anyone, build one from scratch) and look forward to doing some work on the jag, but hopefully not too much.

If I may make one suggestion, you all should add TADTS sign to the smilies.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum evilfij,

LR and Lotus - it'll make a change to have a car!

I see you've already found your way to the X350 section so no need for me to give you the link.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the North East US Region section https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/north-east-us-me-nh-vt-ma-ri-ct-nj-ny-pa-35/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 09-06-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum.
Looks like you've swapped one Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious for another!
Anyway you'll find the answers here.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum evilfij,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the forum...

Show off the Lotus when you can.. Love those things..

Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts

welcome to the forum, must say excellent taste in cars, and obviously a die-hard diy'er as Lotus and LR products need lots of it! I'd say with your collection you've covered all motoring bases

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Welcome to the forum Evilfig, Best of luck with that beautiful Jag.

My search started with looking for a XKR but the wife, (being smarter then I ) brought up the fact that since we have a Mustang convertible and need a full size sedan why not get a XJ. Well that gave me permission to buy a Jag so without much thought switched my search for a XJR.

I consentrated on finding a X308 which I feel are the best looking sedans or shall I say" Saloon" cars ever designed. A dealer in Pa that knew I was looking sent me a Email that they had a super clean X350 base model. I wrote back that I wanted a X308 and I wanted the S/C motor. Their responce was to come take a look. I had some time and a nice day so I put the top down on the Mustang, grabbed a buddy and took a ride out to West Chester.

At this point I had test driven several X308 XJR,s but none were clean enough for my taste. I got to the dealership and the car was sitting in the showroon looking spanking new. We went for a ride and loved the feel of the air ride, the extra space inside, ( I'm not a little guy) and the N/A V8 had enough getty up for me.

I put a deposit to hold the car for me and went home and did my research on that model, some on this forum. Went back a week later and drove it home. The almost 2 years left on the Select Edition warranty was the icing on the cake.

I am not sure where in Pa you are and you say you are a British car lover, On Saturday the 15th, Brits on The Beach car show in Ocean Grove, NJ.
Check out the web site for "Positive Earth Drivers Club", last years pics looked to have some nice cars.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Welcome to X350 ownership ! These cars are seriously under-rated, but are superb motorcars. Best road to use them on is a high-speed German autobahn, (I just got back from 2500 miles on holiday in Germany), but pretty good elsewhere. Like all cars, they can suffer some faults, but are pretty reliable, with many owners having got up to 200k miles. Lke most things, it's not the faults themselves,but the cost of the parts, however there is a very well established after-market for Jaguar parts and this has lead to much cheaper parts, especially suspension parts. The craze for large wheels and very low profile tyres wears out the bushes rather quicker than one would wish.