New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Just introducing myself as ordered.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011 | 01:19 PM
|
Default Just introducing myself as ordered.

Hi Guys and Guyesses,
I just registered here after seeing the url on the Jag Lovers forum.
I bought my first ever Jag as a 61st birthday present to myself on the 17th of March. It was a day late but blame the eBay seller for not starting his auction a day earlier.
The car is a deep blue 1995 XJ6 with the 3.2 engine matched to an auto box. It is an ex-wedding car and the interior is stunningly good in cream leather with lots of dark wood cappings and the same on the centre consoles both front and rear. It has the steel wheels with standard wheel trims but I have no intention of swapping them for alloys unless, when these tyres get worn, I may get alloys if they come with new tyres or at least tyres better than mine. I'm not mean but there's no point in throwing money away, is there?

Old 03-29-2011 | 02:45 PM
Veteran member

welcome stevie, ordered eh? Now where did you get such obvious misinformation from? Now, before you can click away from this page....don't even try it...you must attach at least two pictures (one of the creampuff interior and every piece of the wood dash must be visible, the other an exterior shot with something green in the background, prefer something taken a bit higher than eye level, maybe get on a stepstool or buy a ladder) And, you must have named your new birthday present...place the name here, in the box below. Enjoy the forums! (see, we don't do give orders here, unless you count that last 'enjoy the forums' statement.

Old 03-29-2011 | 06:36 PM
|

h20boy wrote ... "ordered eh? Now where did you get such obvious misinformation from?"
I got it from the forum title. You must be new here 'cos it's in big letters right at the top.
New Member Area - Intro a MUST

I'm using a Mac PC here which in a new way of doing things for me but I'll give this picture lark a go.
And all for under a grand.

Old 03-29-2011 | 06:40 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  19.3 KB

WOW, Nice ride for that money my friend

welcome aboard....not ordered to write an intro, more of a suggestion, helps you to bed into the sitea little easier.
Glad to have you with us here.....Jaglovers is a very good site with lots of info but the more forums you frequent the better eh?

Hope you enjoy the site here

Full forum access manually awarded...post away and thanks for the pics!

Old 03-29-2011 | 07:05 PM
|

Jim ... ah kent it wisnae an order all alang. See me? ah hev a stotin sense of humour, but.

Or so my wife says and she's from Motherwell so she ought to know, lol

Old 03-29-2011 | 07:12 PM
|

Seriously, though, Jim, the car is excellent. I don't pretend to know much about cars, mainly because I have been driving old bangers such as Orions, Capris, Cavaliers, etc for most of my life with a few Humbers, Hillmans and Fords thrown in for good measure.
This must be a low, entry level Jag 'cos it has steel wheels, no cruise control and no sunroof, but I can live quite happily without all that. I don't even care about not having heated seats which need adjusting manually.
But I will just HAVE to get a couple of cup holders. I notice that the centre cubby hole on a classier Jag has built in cup holders so I may see if I can find the lid off one in a scrappy.

Old 03-29-2011 | 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

5tevieboy, hows it gaun bigman? Guid tae hae ye here an aw that....lol
Didnae realise ye wur wan ae us

Old 03-30-2011 | 03:53 AM
|

Nae bother, son but I'm a Softy Southerner from Lancashire. I just stole one of your best lassies.

Old 03-30-2011 | 06:04 AM

Welcome to the forum Stevie,

Nice looking car, have you had a good check under the seat cushions? We have a thread going in the S section about "hidden treasure" people have found in their cars, as a wedding car yours may have potential!!

I thought you sassenachs had stopped coming over the border and stealing our women.

Old 03-30-2011 | 06:56 PM
|

We only stopped stealing the hairys but we still come up there to "borrow" the good ones.

Old 04-01-2011 | 07:29 AM
jya

Nice photos, nice looking car. What better way to celebrate your 61st!

Old 04-01-2011 | 11:54 AM
|

I shall now bore you with the story behind my getting my first Jag.
I have been hankering for a Jaguar for many years but it had to be an oldish one. I have no desire at all to own and drive a new car. Some men would have decided that they wanted one and gone out and got it but, in our house, decisions are taken jointly. What my wife said was that if i could show a need for a big old gas guzzler, i could have one. Bear in mind that we already have a newish Nissan as our regular drive and that the Jag would just be a toy for me. But I couldn't show the need.
So this has been going on for about 20 years and the Jag bug raises its head every few years and I start a hunt for the perfect car. She then gets rattled and says that I'm trying to wear her down etc etc etc.
But then I had a brainwave.
I phoned our youngest boy who lives in the next town and hatched a plan.
We both know that he is the apple of her eye and that he can do no wrong and so, when he came over one day i took the conversation round to cars and he asked if I had seen any nice Jaguars lately and the tale unfolded for about 10 minutes of a Jag that I had seen. I showed him the pictures and the write up and he started on about how safe they are and how the pleasure of driving such a car would far outweigh any extra petrol costs etc.
She had to sit through all this and then came the punchline. He asked her, "How long have you 2 got to live? Is it worth denying him his pleasures when you get diamond rings whenever you like (That story goes back to a $300 ring she bought in a Pawn shop in Las Vegas about 12 years ago but still useful ammunition, lol)
So then, when he went home, my dearly beloved went into the kitchen and when she came out, she looked at me and said these words, "Choose wisely".
It was like in the Rocky movie when Adrian is in bed and Rocky is there all worried that the training isn't going well because he knows that Adrian doesn't want him to fight. She calls him over and says for him to do one thing for her .... WIN. The Rocky music starts and the scottish manager says, "What are we waiting for?".
It was exactly the same thing inside my head when she said, "Choose wisely"
I must have done because she is absolutely delighted with the Jaguar and it's now a fight to see who gets to drive it.
My apologies for making you read all that,

Old 04-01-2011 | 12:22 PM
Veteran member

great story, indeed

Old 04-05-2011 | 09:46 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-11-2011 | 12:51 PM

5Tevie,
Great story of your acquisition. I bought my Jag on ebay also about 5 years ago, same exterior and interior colors as yours, except my steering wheel is on the wrong side (maybe that's why the price was right!). The auction closed after my wife went to bed, so the first few minutes in the morning were a little dicey, since I wasn't "pre-approved"!